SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very nice pictures. I especially liked the cobbelstone streets.

Now, I don't feel you need to call Santiago a European city to increase it's appeal. It is a very nice looking metropolis in its own right, regardless of what it resembles.

I have never liked how some South Americans like to say things like, "The Paris of South America" or "The Los Angelas of Brazil" or gloat about how European this or that looks.

We have to develop our own characteristics, and be proud of our own identity independant of our European ancestry...which is only dominant in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, and Chile anyway.

I would have loved to see you say, "look at this amazing Chilian city with a distinctive Southern South American look!"

Ok, I'll stop there before I rant on for too long. The pictures like I said before are VERY good! I enjoyed them very much...especially the historical buildings which blend in with the modern! Very nice!

·
Banned
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aviador_BH said:
Very nice pictures. I especially liked the cobbelstone streets.

Now, I don't feel you need to call Santiago a European city to increase it's appeal. It is a very nice looking metropolis in its own right, regardless of what it resembles.

I have never liked how some South Americans like to say things like, "The Paris of South America" or "The Los Angelas of Brazil" or gloat about how European this or that looks.

We have to develop our own characteristics, and be proud of our own identity independant of our European ancestry...which is only dominant in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, and Chile anyway.

I would have loved to see you say, "look at this amazing Chilian city with a distinctive Southern South American look!"

Ok, I'll stop there before I rant on for too long. The pictures like I said before are VERY good! I enjoyed them very much...especially the historical buildings which blend in with the modern! Very nice!
Yes, maybe you are right...but I didn't want to mean that Santiago is a european city in Latinoamerica (because it's not)...the architecture of Santiago's down town has got a european look and this forum is to talk about architecture, that is why I put this title...but it doesn't mean that I'm not proud of the identity of my country...(which of course is unique)

Thanx for your post anyway :)

·
Presione tecla cualquiera
2,484 Posts
hey...no habia visto este thread antes!! que buenas fotos.. segurolas que las fotos las tomo un fotografo profesional. osea yo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts