PUENTE DE LA MUJER
BUENOS AIRES

KATEHAKI PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE ATHENS

PONTE SUL CRATI
COSENZA

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Santiago Calatrava architecture is ahead of its time......and that is the reason why Delos chose its for its headquarters (Westworld Season 3)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here in Greece we remember Calatrava from the renovation of the Athens Olympic Sports Complex. I consider it one of his best works so far. I've never felt like it doesn't fit in the area, which is probably because it is in Marousi, a rather modern neighborhood of Athens. I consider it the second most iconic thing in Athens after the Acropolis.

Athens Olympic Sports Complex

Here is the "Spyros Louis" Olympic Stadium, with its roof that was added shortly before the Olympics. This design must be unique in the world and the support structure is not obvious with a first look. The two sections of the roof are supported by arches from below and above while holding onto each other on the ends for lateral stabilization. It truly looks like it's hovering above the ground.

Olympic Stadium Athens - AEK Athens F.C | Football Tripper

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Stadium_(Athens)

I never went to the 2004 Olympics to see the stadium myself. The first time I entered was during a school trip in 2012. I remember watching the stadium on TV and occasionaly passing by in my father's car and being truly astonished by this roof. But what was even more awe-inspiring for me was this massive cauldron I saw on TV.

https://sports.yahoo.com/twitter-reacts-olympic-torch-lighting-pyeongchang-043252843.html

Here is the Velodrome, which received a similar renovation.

Indicative Projects | View Indicative Projects from Acp-hellas.com
Amazing Work! One of the most wonderful architectural projects in our country!!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts