SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 2265 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Being the capital to three empires throughout its history, at the crossroad between East and West, Istanbul symbolizes interaction, transformation and development; the City has been the center of commercial control and coordination, thanks to its geography; today the city maintains these functions at its "Central Business Districts- CBD".
The Levent-Maslak axis that developed during the last two decades is the main CBD of Istanbul.

Istanbul Sapphire, a residential, leisure and shopping center project, which is located in the "business administration" center of the city, will be one of the highest structures in Maslak, Istanbul. The building rises in agreement with the surrounding high-rises and still in human scale by means of nature-friendly facilities like vertical gardens.

In addition to the comfort provided by the modern technology, Istanbul Sapphire has the infrastructure and the location that will ensure easy transportation. Owing to the metro connection and the 6 underground car-park levels, the transportation and the parking problems are solved.

The building façade consists of two independent shells. The interiors are protected from adverse weather conditions and noise on account of the outer shell. This transparent shell also serves as a buffer zone between the indoor area and the outside, and has a positive effect on structural solutions.

In different levels of the building, there are residences of different sizes; the building is planned as 4 separate housing zones, and in the 4 common areas between the sections; there are various social areas and indoor gardens for the residents of the building: these buffer zones also house the maintenance and support facilities and the mechanical systems of the building.

Environmental friendly systems of the construction grant low energy consumption. Furthermore, the green areas, namely the indoor gardens at various levels, offer a natural and a warm setting for those living at higher levels as well. Besides the inner gardens, every ninth floor recreation areas, such as a mini golf course at 187 meters with a great Bosphorus view or a swimming pool at 60 meters overlooking the woods of Istanbul, are programmed.

Viewed from the outside, the building gets slightly thinner as it rises upward. As of the fourth level, it expands downwards and the glass covering the surface of the building earns a sort curve and then extends horizontally as the skirt of the building, which covers the cafés, bars, restaurants, cinemas and stores, maintaining the integrity of the retail and social zone. This area, designed especially for high-quality brand shopping, is perceived as a multi-layered, dynamic, large single space.

This wide space benefits natural light to the maximum extent, and in addition to the stores in this broad area, as of the basement, four levels of shopping zone have been planned in the ground floors. A part of the 6-storey car park has been reserved as storage areas for the residents and for other storage services.

The 261-meter hi-technology Tower, designed by Tabanlioglu Architecture, possesses a smart cityscape; at the same time its elegant and transparent the structure contributes to the image of the city.

Site Area: 11.500 m²
Construction Area: 165.000 m²

http://tabanlioglu.com/SAPPHIRE.html

http://v2.arkiv.com.tr/p9568-istanbul-sapphire.html

·
Registered
18,110 Posts
MakoShark said:
Formerly known as "Le Tat's Grand Hotel", located between Tekfen Tower and Mövenpick Hotel. Purchased by Kiler Group.

I'm confused now! Which towers are they? I thought Dubai Towers and Soyak Plaza are goign to be build between Tekfen Tower and Mövenpick Tower...

·
Engineered
904 Posts
nice news!!!

bu arada bilmeyenler için binanın yapılacağı yer en sağda yer alan çukur...

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
not right mako :D

it will be
1) DTI 1 ~300m
2) DTI 2 ~240m
3) DOI ~ 238m
4) Kiler residence ~ +181m
5) Is Bank 181m

i am not 100% sure abour Soyak

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ya anlamıyorum kileri kafanızdanmı sallıyosunuz
İş bankasından yüksek olacağını söyleyen bi kaynak yokki (sanırım) !

·
Registered
18,110 Posts
These are amazing news! I'm so excited! Thanks a lot Sercan. I'm happy to see finally a single and tall residential tower in Istanbul.

But which one is the "DOI (238m)"? Where is it going to be?

·
9,190 Posts
I heard that for the Kartal project, thousands of homes will be evacuated..Maybe they may do the same for levent, the home behind those renders do not look good

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,745 Posts
Jakob said:
But which one is the "DOI (238m)"? Where is it going to be?
That's the Diamond of Istanbul. :eek:kay:

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,745 Posts
@ icy, I hope the same does happen in Levent. Skyscrapers and small houses don't mix well in a business district. :D

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,983 Posts
I don't think that would happen. Kartal homes will be evacuated because they are old and not safe for the potential Istanbul earthquake. So everybody is willing to move somewhere else, so they sign aggrements with municipality. Same is not valid for Levent.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
Levent daha dogrusu Gültepe de gecekondularla dolu sistem! Belediye biraz ugrassa birseyler yapar!

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
belediye imar cikarsa orayi yatirimcilar kapar aslinda... öyle degil mi?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
The total plot area is 11.088 m2 and if the regular 1 X 3 building utilization ratio is applied, the total above-ground construction area can reach 33.200 (roughly like Tekfen Tower). Architects can try different designs within the constraint of this total above-ground construction area of 33.200 (as the height of the buildings in this area is largely free), and as long as the above-ground construction area does not exceed 33.200 m2, the height of the building - depending on the deisgn - may be 100 meters, 120 meters or 140 meters.
Although I do not believe that the building may become taller than the Isbank HQ, if it does, of course, I would not mind either.
In other words, there is nothing secret about offering/designing different architectural designs within the total (permissible) construction area of 33.200 m2.

·
+90 TR - Eurasia
2,536 Posts
Wonderfulll!!! I am anxious to see the renderings. I hope, Allah'in belasi "Chamber of Architects" can't do anything against to tower's height.

Bu arada niye yasaklamışlar bizimkini yine?

1 - 20 of 2265 Posts