1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,530 Posts

Consadole Sapporo

1x League Cup:

Sapporo Dome

Opened 2001

Home stadium of the Consadole Sapporo football team and the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters baseball team.

Venue of the 2002 FIFA World Cup and the 2019 Rugby World Cup.

Reactions: geometarkv

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
55k?
What happened?

·
Registered
9,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is said that the capacity of the Sapporo Dome was increased from 41,500 to 67,500 (for football matches). I don't know how the Dome's capacity increased by 25,000, but i think they miscounted the seating capacity.I

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
weired. No new tier etc

·
Canadian eh!
3,513 Posts
Where did you get the 55,000 number from? The sources I have found online show 41,484 seats and a concert capacity of 53,796. I would imagine that means seating or standing room patrons on the field level.

Any sporting event wouldn't exceed 42,00 or so.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Where did you get the 55,000 number from? The sources I have found online show 41,484 seats and a concert capacity of 53,796. I would imagine that means seating or standing room patrons on the field level.

Any sporting event wouldn't exceed 42,00 or so.
55,000 is it's baseball configuration size. It can hold 67,400 for soccer.

From Wiki...

In Late 2009, renovations increasing the capacity to 67,400 were finished. These renovations also included space for more food outlets, an extra video screen, two extra changing rooms (to accommodate matches in the NFL World Series) and further media area as part of new office buildings attached to the stadium. As part of these renovations, the surface area of the arena itself was decreased to allow for more seating.

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
As part of these renovations, the surface area of the arena itself was decreased to allow for more seating.
Any pics of the new rows?

·
Canadian eh!
3,513 Posts
55,000 is it's baseball configuration size. It can hold 67,400 for soccer.

From Wiki...

In Late 2009, renovations increasing the capacity to 67,400 were finished. These renovations also included space for more food outlets, an extra video screen, two extra changing rooms (to accommodate matches in the NFL World Series) and further media area as part of new office buildings attached to the stadium. As part of these renovations, the surface area of the arena itself was decreased to allow for more seating.
Well my numbers come from the official Dome website, all be it the english version. I would say a much better source than wiki.........

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
It would have been awesome if they had natural grass for baseball games as well but the solution for the soccer pitch is quite ingenious. The Arizona Cardinals have it as well and I think it works brilliantly.

·
Registered
28,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Fantastic.. like all Japan!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts