Votes: 10 4.8%
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally posted by TimurTaljanovic

Sarajevo – BIH

Sarajevo is the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The population of Sarajevo is about 500.000-550.000 people. Bosnia and Herzegovina was attacked for 3.5 years, and now, Bosnia and Herzegovina is recovering at an extraordinary rate. Bosnia and Herzegovina’s population is about 4.000.000 people, and its population growth rate is estimated to be 0.45%.
Sarajevo was dramatically damaged by the 3.5-year war, and a lot of re/construction is occurring now. Currently, the tallest building in the Balkans is being built in Sarajevo, the Bosmal City Center. Sarajevo has great potential for a skyline and I was just wondering what you people thought about it…It’s not really that much, but when look at how many projects are going down, it makes you really think about what it will look like in the future.

This is a picture of Sarajevo and it’s beginning skyline.

The Bosmal City Center (U/C) Web cam.

I got these pictures from http://www.sarajevo-x.com. Also, if you would like to see more pictures of Sarajevo, go to: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=162786 and/or http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=162793.

·
Iroquois of Europe
9,903 Posts
Not bad for a small city which suffered a lot. 7/10

Originaly posted by SaRaJeVo-City

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
8.5/10. It does look rerally nice. Especially in the dawn or night pictures. Not the tallest buildings in the world however height does not matter as much as how well it fits with the city. I think the skyscrapers fit very well, and that wouldn't be so if they are much taller or too many of them. I like the hill with the houses in the background.
Why has the parliament building so many floors?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
thebackdoorman said:
Why has the parliament building so many floors?
well, i guess alot of office space was needed for the parliment, like it is needed now. that explains the large amount of offices being built in sarajevo at this moment...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
8/10 It is awesome to see Sarajevo rise from the ruins of the civil war!! I remember seeing the building that will be the Parliament building getting hit by tank shells from tanks on the hills surrounding Sarajevo. Didn't it used to be some kind of media center?

It is hard to believe that the beautiful city that held the Winter Olympics just a few dozen years ago has been almost destroyed and is rising back up. Please keep up the good work. The world needs more people who rebuild damaged cities, than it needs people who destroy cities!

·
A B C
1,669 Posts
6/10

1 - 20 of 160 Posts