SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a valley city with a few landmark skyscrapers...

Add Bosmal City Center, the tallest buildings in the Balkans...

And voila - the new Sarajevo skyline...

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
KhApZ! said:
What will the Bosmal be used for? I love the skyline of the red roof houses on the hills...Gorgeous!

The Bosmal City Centre will be a residential. Basically a city inside a city. It will have stores, mall, etc. Extremely nice building. The tallest in Ex-Yugoslavia as a matter of fact. :)

Here are some pictures of the Bosmal in construction phase. :)

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Wait, has this image been photoshopped? :sly: (No offense meant)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
What a real nice sight these pictures will be once the commies get repainted. :) Just amazing how great it's all put together. :yes: I really think once the Parliament is reconstructed (starting this summer), it'll add a great deal to the skyline.

I believe that the cleaning process of the commie district has started in the beggining. The progress isn't probably the easiest to notice, but once it's all done, it'll be great.
Just imagine this all...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow, looks good...How is Malaysia involved with the construction...I am of mixed Malaysian background and I recognised "UMNO" on the construction site which is the Malay (Muslim) party in Malaysia...and BosMal = Bosnia Malaysia rite?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
KhApZ! said:
Wow, looks good...How is Malaysia involved with the construction...I am of mixed Malaysian background and I recognised "UMNO" on the construction site which is the Malay (Muslim) party in Malaysia...and BosMal = Bosnia Malaysia rite?

I'm pretty sure that Malaysia has either invested in, or helped out with the construction of Bosmal City Centre. Malaysia is one of the fastest investers in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and has been involved a great deal in Tuzla. Many great projects have arised from Tuzla with Malaysian support. :)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ No, it's not photoshopped. We had this conversation already in the Sarajevo Construction Update thread. We found dozens of pictures from the same angle and the scale was always the same. It's just an illusion that they're so close.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow that is very interesting to know! I had no idea the two countries were that closely related. I have heard stories from my parents of how Malaysia offered visas to Bosnians during the war...It must be due to the common religion of Islam?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
KhApZ! said:
Wow that is very interesting to know! I had no idea the two countries were that closely related. I have heard stories from my parents of how Malaysia offered visas to Bosnians during the war...It must be due to the common religion of Islam?

It might be more than just Islam. For example, I'm pretty sure that Malaysia is a country that likes to invest in areas with good economic potential, right? Well, Bosnia and Herzegovina has good economic potential, and that is showing now with the GDP real growth rate reaching 5%, and the industrial production growth rate of 5.5%. :)

·
Старий М
5,285 Posts
Wow the second picture looks really like HK to me in a certain way. I guess Sarajevo is really booming :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Pavlo said:
Wow the second picture looks really like HK to me in a certain way. I guess Sarajevo is really booming :)

Sarajevo isn't exactly booming in highrises, but when it comes to those 6-7 level offices, then yes. :D I think New Sarajevo is drowning in those. :D
As for the Hong Kong comparison, I don't think it'll ever be like that, but they have some things in common. For example, both are in a valley, and area to spread is scarce. Soon enough, Sarajevo will probably realize that more than anything, and start building all or most highrises. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Apologies on my "Islam" post, i just read over it and it seems a litttle rude. Yes true Mimica, i guess if Malaysia invests in the Balkans now, after a couple of years when the areas economy picks up they will be laughing so to speak

@Pavlo...Your avatar is hypnotic...

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^ Sarajevo has almost infinite room to grow West, practically to the Croatian border. ;) They'll do that for as long as people are willing to buy homes and live in suburbs 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 minutes from downtown.

Once these homes get harder to sell, they'll start building up within the downtown core. Bosmal City Center will affect this greatly. If it's easy to sell fairly expensive condominiums in the middle of downtown Sarajevo, then others will follow.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
ĐaMila said:
^ Sarajevo has almost infinite room to grow West, practically to the Croatian border. ;) They'll do that for as long as people are willing to buy homes and live in suburbs 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 minutes from downtown.

Once these homes get harder to sell, they'll start building up within the downtown core. Bosmal City Center will affect this greatly. If it's easy to sell fairly expensive condominiums in the middle of downtown Sarajevo, then others will follow.

Yeah, the West does have a great room to spread, but if you've noticed Sarajevo is more of a line and just runs with the river. If the city ends up looking like a boomerang, I'm killing something. :D ;)
The thing that really makes me happy about the suburbs of Sarajevo is Ilidza. They really know what they're doing. :) The project Riverina is just amazing.

Masterplan:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hahaha imagine Sarajevo extending to the Croatian border =P

After BiH becomes re-unified, will Sarajevo and East Sarajevo merge?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
KhApZ! said:
Hahaha imagine Sarajevo extending to the Croatian border =P

After BiH becomes re-unified, will Sarajevo and East Sarajevo merge?
Unified Bosnia and Herzegovina in my honest opinion isn't that far. The two sides, Republika Srpska and Federation and Bosnia and Herzegovina, are getting in some ways "closer". The RS is having some problems, and I believe if the situation gets worse with them, then they'll only have one chance to go. Nato and EU are already loosing patience with RS, and I just think it's a matter of time. :)
As for East Sarajevo and Sarajevo merging, I really doubt it. I'm just guessing that East Sarajevo will stay a suburb.:)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^ Realistically, there is no "East Sarajevo", Khapz.

It's a village which was called Lukavica before the war, and several other hamlets nearby. It's separated from Sarajevo by the entire bulk of Mount Trebevic. No one in Sarajevo wants to united with East Sarajevo because no one cares. It's like asking New York City to unite with Village-on-the-Hudson - no one in NYC would really care either way, and it's the same with Sarajevo and East Sarajevo.

Furthermore, the population in "East Sarajevo" is made up almost entirely of Serbs who left Sarajevo after the war when the United Nations refused to divide Sarajevo in the same way Berlin had been divided. They even dug up their cemeteries and moved their deceased relatives to Lukavica, so they've no desire to unite with us either.

Not to mention the economic, cultural, etc...impact that a union with Lukavica and the rest of "East Sarajevo" would have on Sarajevo.

You have a village hell-bent on not being a part of Sarajevo, and a city not entirely concerned with the village. ;)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts