Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOFTS ON FLORIDA

Situated within one of Durban’s most vibrant streets, the Lofts on Florida will be a multi-storey, mixed-use development offering retail, restaurants, a medical suite and 20-contemporary loft apartments

This is on the cleared site opposite FNB and one house away from 2six2 development.

This is by Saxony and they have a number of other developments, 2 about to launch in Sibaya.

Renders I cannot post, but are in the link, if anyone can post, awesome

http://saxony.co.za/2018-projects/

·
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This one has been in a holding pattern for 4 years. But Saxony have updated their website and state construction starts in 2022.

Design by Trish Emmett of Emmett and Emmett Architects.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
I have nothing against this development, but developers take note: not every development counts as, or should be described as, "iconic".

"Iconic" is not a magical term that makes people covet something. The word's overuse actually trivializes and devalues the term. Discerning consumers can also see through such marketing BS. Rather, save that term for truly unique, distinctive, and ground-breaking developments that will stand the test of time.

·
23,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You say that... But look at almost all property releases anywhere in the world...

Iconic. Luxury. Timeless. Elegant. Strategic. Prime location. Special. Up and coming. Neighbourhood defining.

These words litter them all. It's property marketing puke words.

Walk around London and see a new development in a sh*thole area with 34m2 and it will be described as luxury and up and coming.

So while I agree... Those words won't be disappearing.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
I agree: it's marketing puke. Discerning readers / buyers / consumers usually know better, but the average person usually falls for the brainless hyperbole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts