SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's already a year when the construction was delayed because of sensitive location of the building, but 2 days ago the permission was granted and the construction will soon be resumed :bow:

Some basic data
Height.. 12 fl
Floor space.. 8135 m2

If the design wasn't changed, it is going to look like this

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
Finally! :banana:
Construction permit was granted so now there's nothing what could stop it from being built.

·
in action
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gatis said:
:) yes, still my favourite project in Vilnius!!! Did not know that the matter is " sensitive location"
Nearby is a heritage district called Zverynas, where height of buildings is limited to very low. As well the Pedagogical university and its dorms is next to it thus there were some protests of students too ;)

Yay, it trully made my day :banana:

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's a good news ;) I should say that these protesting students were a "little bit" unthinking, the same goese to the well known "Zverynas bendruomene", which was somehow releated with that protests. Such a building (if original idea haven't changed and tha quality have remained) shouldn't make a shame for any district in Vilnius (don't count historical districts).

·
Registered
31 Posts
John said:
^^^
It shouldn't make a shame even for Canary Wharf or London City if built as in the original project. ;)
But better leave it hear, in Vilnius ;) :cheers:
Who knows, what are planning SBA now, after such a delay period :bash: But i hope, that this project will be ralized as planned. I really want !

·
Registered
121 Posts
I live in a dorm near this construction and I was surprised about such student protests, in general I don't understand why they don't want Vilnius to be more modern and similar to other European cities than it is now...I thought just old people are such old-fashioned, but students...

·
Registered
31 Posts
zippo21 said:
I live in a dorm near this construction and I was surprised about such student protests, in general I don't understand why they don't want Vilnius to be more modern and similar to other European cities than it is now...I thought just old people are such old-fashioned, but students...
I expect such a strange position only of Pedagogic university students :) But i think the initiators of that "incident" was some Zverynas bendruomenes members, because especially acording to their opinion - Zverynas and teritory around should have the heights as far as 2 floors ;) Nice future they see. :eek2:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nightsky said:
Nice design, but more height could be needed.
because of the near locality of the old district Zverynas and other factors, higher buiding i think could lead to the real war between the builders and local "huts comunity" :runaway:

·
always on
4,815 Posts
/\ I fail to see anything special about it... that central spiral concrete or whatever column running through the thing is pure waste of space ;)

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
ch1le said:
/\ I fail to see anything special about it... that central spiral concrete or whatever column running through the thing is pure waste of space ;)
This project in terms of quality and architecture is by far better than anything in Tallinn (either existing or planned) or any other city in the Baltic region, so I wouldn't be that sure if it's nothing special. ;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts