Skyscraper City Forum banner

Top or flop

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Burj Khalifa made of more than 4000 /0.330ml/ soda cans :):)

Hi guys,

Since being new to the forum please accept my appologies if i have posted in the wrong section:bash::cheers:

Saw some awesome stuff and just wanted to share what me and a friend a mine are currently working on. My daughter being a huge fan of the Mighty Burj Khalifa wanted me to build a replica for her, and this, at first glance, far-fetched undertaking sort of takes shape recently - and the whole project is consisting of soda cans only ( glued of course ):):)

And the Burj Khalifa at a scale of 1:100 ( currently being re-scaled to 1:80, which would break the 10 meter mark once finished ) is only just the beginning of an i-will-do-this-my-whole-life project we have named "Skyscraper Can City".

Hope you enjoy it - current Can Count is around about 1600 - needed will be just a little more than 4200 0.330ml soda cans.

CHEERS:cheers: and a Happy New One to everyone

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, KNR :)
Indeed - rather sooner than later it will have to, since the deck of my garage is at about 2.5 meters ( 8 feet ) and we are currently at around about 2 meters with Khalifa. 6 more tiers or so and the "thing" will have to "leave" :)
But we are still at a stage where it can be disassembled and reassembled again :)

Yet - Freedom Tower and Willis Tower are scheduled to start racing for the skies in the next couple of months, too, so it will become damn tight in the garage. And given the fact that the final height of Can-Khalifa would rise to 10.36 meters... We will see. We are planing to start with "cladding" (painting it) within the next couple of weeks, too, so shall you stay being interested - just stay tuned.

EDIT : Just got the 1:80 scale blueprint finally completed - 4271 cans it will be :)

Cheers and have a great 2k18 ahead :):banana::cheers:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts