SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Top or flop

[SCALE] Burj Khalifa made of soda cans :):)

17246 Views 65 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  KNR
Burj Khalifa made of more than 4000 /0.330ml/ soda cans :):)

Hi guys,

Since being new to the forum please accept my appologies if i have posted in the wrong section:bash::cheers:

Saw some awesome stuff and just wanted to share what me and a friend a mine are currently working on. My daughter being a huge fan of the Mighty Burj Khalifa wanted me to build a replica for her, and this, at first glance, far-fetched undertaking sort of takes shape recently - and the whole project is consisting of soda cans only ( glued of course ):):)

And the Burj Khalifa at a scale of 1:100 ( currently being re-scaled to 1:80, which would break the 10 meter mark once finished ) is only just the beginning of an i-will-do-this-my-whole-life project we have named "Skyscraper Can City".

Hope you enjoy it - current Can Count is around about 1600 - needed will be just a little more than 4200 0.330ml soda cans.

CHEERS:cheers: and a Happy New One to everyone
21 - 40 of 66 Posts
Even remote support is already half the job done :)

Thanks bbm16 - appreciate it, mate:cheers::cheers::banana:
Finally - "cladding" under way.. Would be a lot af experementing though before we get the desired looks... Can count - 2319. N-joy :cheers::cheers:

And the "night" version ....

Reactions: bbm16 and KNR
Sepia looks pretty much like it nails the desired final color sheme.... And when finally getting rid of the coke font of course :)

It took a while - but we got to the ceiling :):) Can count - 2503.
Current height 2.30 meters, height core section 2.42 meters

Next stop - Elvis leaving the building :)

Reactions: Skyscrapers144
Wow it looks huge already!
Reactions: BellaGracia27
Seems like I accidentally voted garbage :(

My bad :picard:

great effort bro keep it up :eek:kay:
No big deal - still glad it caught your attention anyway :):)
This very moment when Elvis leaves :):) took almost an year, but it was always wrth doing :):)

Can count 2720 ( unfortunatelly not all parts assembled, due to no ladder around :):)

Yet - Core section already at 3.11 meters ( hope to have it assembled during the weekend and post it ) here shown at "just" 2.64 meters. :banana::banana::banana:

Almost forgot... WTC ( North Tower ) already rising elsewhere - current can count 448 a 0.500 ml ... 4500 required anf further 4464 for the South Tower

Reactions: bbm16 and xing lin
Just asking, where u get that so much can?
:)
Well, KNR - we started on our own ( 2 crazy folks ), but as soon as the word was spread in the office, everyone started to "donate". There are tons of recycling projects, but very few with regards to Upcycling..and for sure the only one having World's Tallest as a target, so... ):)

Last but not least - all kids are going nuts when they see it rising day by day. So my neighbours are now part of the building ( drinking ) process, too... :):)
Reactions: xing lin
Seems like WTC would rise much faster than BK....No complaints though :) Beer time :cheers::cheers:

Updates:

Khalifa at 2926 Cans. Green is the new Red :):)

WTC 1 at 670 cans within just 50 days... took almost 3 months to get there with BK...

More to follow soon. N-joy :):banana::banana:
And just a closer look at where we actually ( 2.99 meters ) stand and what is to come in terms of height :):)

Reactions: Skyscrapers144
How do you expect to reach 10 meters of height? Are you planning for a scaffolding?

Are cans bound by some kind of mortar or are they simply freely put one on the other?
Indeed, Clery.

Either scaffold or a ladder - yet to get there though :):)

The cans are glued together in sort of buidling blocks and now having just 15 major blocks rather than the 100+ single mini blocks and/or 2900+ single cans
- it takes literary a minute to assemble and disassemble it again for the photo shoots:):)

So to cut a long one short - a giant Lego :):)

The Impossible - Burj Khalifa and WTC North&South Tower in the same location :):)

Khalifa at 3018 outta 4127 cans and 3.45 meters.
WTC N&S - already up to 800 cans.

Njoy :)) :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Wow interesting project! Are you making it able to disassemble. That way it can travel and be displayed in different locations? I feel like people would pay to show it.
Indeed, rgarrison :)

Takes around just 10 minutes for both assembling and disassembling.
As far as travelling the world is concerned - who knows; perhaps when WTC 1 and 2 and others are build ( which i think would take probably further 3+ years ) and we have a real "exhhibition" consisting of more than just a single model...

One of the local shopping malls for starters and then we'll see how it "sells" :):)
This is awesome :D I already want to see it live :D
Thanks, T1000 - appreciated it:)

Looking at your location i'd suggest you will be one of the very first to get a glimpse of it, once finished :):)

And a short update (albeit in a virtual execution since i am no longer able to assemble it together without a scaffold )- very soon to reach the "Just-1000-more-cans-to-go-countdown-start". Njoy :):)

p.s. WTC Update - 1000 down, 8000 to go :):)

I'd love to see it :D

I would also help, but I don't drink beer or soda... ;(

What's even more impressive is that they aren't just outlines of cans, but it's full solid of cans. That's a lot of material :D
21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.