SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Top or flop

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Indeed, T1000 - decided to take it full solid scale, otherwise it would have been already done and dusted :)

Stay tuned for future updates :)

Inauguration shall take place within just 4 to 6 months from now ( i hope ) depending on additional painting, hinge attaching, illumination etc. activities ...

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Sorry for having a "virtual only" update, but now having reached almost 4.5 meters in height it got impossible to assemble without a scaffold ....

Still it gives a nice impression on how tall it would be compared to a normal adult, once ready.

Hope to get it puzzled together come the weekend and post a "real" pic/update .

Just 800 cans to go for Khalifa, WTC at about 1700 with 7000+ left. Red and green parts visualizing current construction status.

Njoy :):):cheers::cheers::cheers:

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Promised is promised :

Here the actual "live" version of Khalifa - current height at 4.27 meters ( or exactly 14 feet ).

The one on the left side is what i have managed to stack to each other - the right side is a Photoshoped Version and how it would have looked like, shall i have managed to put them all togehter, which is currently simply not possible.. Still it gives a nice impression on current construction status :):)

3481 cans done, only 790 to go ....

And here from another angle ...

Cheers :):):banana::banana::cheers::cheers::cheers:

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
And a short one on the WTC progress - day and night version :):)

1728 out of 8973 cans or 19.25 % done. In only just 4 months :banana:

If i was to assemble them into a single "tower", it would alerady get to 2.18 meters :):) Way to go though

Cheers:cheers::cheers:

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
A promise is a promise:

Can Khalifa at 4.95 meters ( 16.25 feet ) and 3700+ cans.

WTC North Tower at 1.85 meters ( 6 feet ) and South Tower starting to rise, too.

The "Google Earth View" Update :):):):cheers::cheers:

And here a short video footage showing the Khalifa free standing :):)

N-joy and cheers :):):banana::banana::cheers::cheers:

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
@KNR - nope. This is my compadre, who i am building this insane stuff with ( if you are asking because of height comparison/estimate - he is about 175 cm or 5.7 feet:):)

@ Zaz965 - they are empty. If they were full it would have had already over 1100 kg of weight, whereas it now weights around about 40kg i'd suggest :)

And an additional image from another angle - it looks even taller :):) Cheers :):)

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Indeed, T1000. Both WTC will be almost exactly as high as The Burj is now - just a bit higher than 5 meter ( North Tower will get 1.4 Meter additional antenna ). The Burj is at 86 % completion as far as can count is concerned, but in terms of height it is yet to get to 50 %, so yes - when all of them are done & dusted & painted i do hope i will have really something unique to show to the world :)):):)

Cheers :):)

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
A fellow forum member wanted to know how high approximately Khalifa and WTC would be once finished, now that there is a real person standing there as a reference point - so here we go :):)

Finished by Rostislav Halachev, auf Flickr

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
And a final Update before The Burj gets completed ( Thanks Photoshop :):) ):

Can Khalifa at 6.11 meters ( just a bit higher than 20 feet ) and 3967 out of 4289 cans.

Completion 93.31 % volume, 59 % height.

WTC North Tower at 2.68 meters ( 8'8 feet ) - 2304 out of 4473 cans.

Would have loved to have had at least one of the Twins finished on 9.11, but i will surely have it in 2019 and with a bit more luck even both.. We shall see.

Next Update - Khalifa finished and standing at 10.36 meters w/o Photoshop....

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Actually it was Willis Tower next in the pipeline, but since it would consume 6000+ cans and take at least 2 years to build i am considering putting it "on hold" for the time being and build this one instead ( it looks sooooooooooo slender next to the last update of Can-Khalifa and its 5 meters):

Would consume around about 1500 cans, again 1:80 scale and just short of 4 meter ( 3.84 meter to be precise ). Looks pretty congenial as a render - we shall see how it looks once build. Cheers, folks :cheers::cheers::cheers:

So what do you think, guys - Willis or Cayan ?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.