SkyscraperCity banner

1581 - 1600 of 1612 Posts

·
I <3 Marimba
227 Posts
I do not understand, but what is the point of this forum if you do not help users in search of a model, but are only indignant that we are spamming the thread?
yeah there are some models that are buried deep in the forums, but there are plenty of models that are laid out in the first page of a thread or shortly thereafter and can be found with a quick search. but there are new folks on this forum not doing their due diligence or asking, no, DEMANDING in such a rude manner that it is becoming increasingly unpleasant to come to the forum. These are the folks that we are complaining about

·
Registered
Nathan9104
195 Posts
yeah there are some models that are buried deep in the forums, but there are plenty of models that are laid out in the first page of a thread or shortly thereafter and can be found with a quick search. but there are new folks on this forum not doing their due diligence or asking, no, DEMANDING in such a rude manner that it is becoming increasingly unpleasant to come to the forum. These are the folks that we are complaining about
Also there are models that didnt exist at all and where deleted, for example 90 west and 85 and so on

·
Registered
Nathan9104
195 Posts
i found out that there is no such thing as a "papercraft st pauls church"
You people are one of the most arrogant people I have ever EVER met on here

Here is the model also so you can shut up

btw, IT WAS ON THE 4TH PAGE IDIOTS

LOOK HARDER

USE THE SEARCH BAR FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi all.

Just been reading through this and some other threads and felt I needed to post here.

I am one of the moderators of this section. I post now and again to the 3d section but regularly keep an eye on the scale model sub forum too.

It is great to see all the new members here and the forum begin to grow.

Please remember the following.
  • While I do not contribute to this sub forum, it acts almost like an archive of everyone's work, there is an abundance of threads and work to look through where you might find what you are looking for.
  • Before posting a question about information/models you are looking for, take a look through some of the threads?
    The search bar is a powerful tool for this. When in the scale model sub forum, search for a term and click 'Search in this forum.
View attachment 751302

• If not, I am sure everyone will be happy to answer any questions, but please can we be respectful and courteous.
  • Please can we respect forum etiquette, think of it like writing an email.
Despite best intentions, poor forum etiquette can be very off putting for forum members new and old.

If anyone has any issues or questions, please feel free to message me, and I would be more than happy to help.

Kind regards

Arch
oh... well back to gamin :)

·
I &#9829; NSW 2150
I ❤ NSW 2150
1,562 Posts
For the sake of fairness, the search function of this forum has never been the best and can only find exact string matches, and modelers don't usually post their models with complete key words, so for example "St Pauls" in just the Scale Models subforum gives you 13 pages of any post that has ever contained the letters "st" or "pauls" in any context, and not necessarily include the actual post with the original model. Thread navigation has also become more difficult, especially with every post from before 2016 concatenated into a single thread.

This is why we have a questions thread stickied to the top of this subforum,you are welcome to ask for anything you like there. Please don't keep requesting models in any random thread because it makes everything more difficult for us all.

And Nathan, in the future could you respond to errant questions with just a link to the questions thread? It would avoid a protracted conversation of follow-up comments in this thread from newcomers :)

·
Registered
Nathan9104
195 Posts
For the sake of fairness, the search function of this forum has never been the best and can only find exact string matches, and modelers don't usually post their models with complete key words, so for example "St Pauls" in just the Scale Models subforum gives you 13 pages of any post that has ever contained the letters "st" or "pauls" in any context. Thread navigation has also become more difficult, especially with every post from before 2016 concatenated into a single thread.

This is why we have a questions thread stickied to the top of this subforum,you are welcome to ask for anything you like there. Please don't keep requesting models in any random thread because it makes everything more difficult for us all.

And Nathan, in the future could you respond to errant questions with just a link to the questions thread? It would avoid a protracted conversation of follow-up comments in this thread from newcomers :)
Ah yes will do

·
Registered
36 Posts
[
You people are one of the most arrogant people I have ever EVER met on here
View attachment 764610
Here is the model also so you can shut up

btw, IT WAS ON THE 4TH PAGE IDIOTS

LOOK HARDER

USE THE SEARCH BAR FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE
Nathan, I asked you about discord the models that I am missing, such as the one from St Paul Chapel, and you answered that you did not know, I took it as true and did not search, and right now that NYC papercraft asked you, were you angry about that, then clarify. Don't take this as a personal attack, I just wanted to emphasize it.
Pd: take a screenshot to show that what I say is not a lie.

·
Registered
Nathan9104
195 Posts
[

Nathan, I asked you about discord the models that I am missing, such as the one from St Paul Chapel, and you answered that you did not know, I took it as true and did not search, and right now that NYC papercraft asked you, were you angry about that, then clarify. Don't take this as a personal attack, I just wanted to emphasize it.
Pd: take a screenshot to show that what I say is not a lie.
Oh well that was a while ago... and i was doing mid-terms then so i didn't have the time to look

·
I <3 Marimba
227 Posts
Help in assembling a detailed model of the Verizon building, I can't figure out how to assemble it View attachment 763242
i didnt make it very well. its intended to be very tedious and cut out EVERY SINGLE roof crenulation individually and the root pieces sit just below the edge of these cuts. it was very important to me to have these roof cutouts because it is important to the character of the building. i recommend starting from the top down assembly and making sure you have very accurate folding or else it wont line up

1581 - 1600 of 1612 Posts