Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About time we had a new thread on this much talked about subject! It could prove to be quite depressing but that's what it's all about. :yes:

So post any photos of where there was once life but now there isn't - boarded up houses, crumbling tower blocks, rundown estates and factories etc. and let's see what we find. :happy:

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Here's some grime:

And some dereliction :(:

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent! Sad though, that one. I think it's Stoke's tallest building yet it's being/been demolished. :bash:

·
Registered
11,211 Posts
A link to pics of the old Goldberg's department store in glasgow. Went there as a very small child, god it was the most glitzy, stunning department store I've ever seen, now it derelict and empty. Selfridges have owned the site for years and are being told to clean it the **** up, the building is listed.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=goldbergs+glasgow

·
Registered
18,396 Posts
El greco can you please please please please please please please make your picture sizes smaller. It's for your own good, it takes ages and ages for them to load, I end up skipping them sometimes. I don't want to skip your pictures because I like looking at them. :( :cry:

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Mr. B! :happy: I knew you'd have something interesting to show. :yes:

What is that first building you posted? :eek: And I didn't realise Glasgow Zoo was no more. :eek:hno:

Great pics though. :D

·
2,231 Posts
It was a block of Tennements that ware demolished few years ago but anyway it was on Moir Street (near the Barras) in Glasgow.

Sadly the Zoo had to close and as I've drove by on the M74 some times there are large plumes of smoke visible from inside.>(

Thank you Butterfield, you made me blush.:colgate:

·
Registered
989 Posts
What is that first building you posted?
its a tenement. but where?

dont have much time. wee bro is hassling to get on the comp so presenteth thee my neighbourhood, coutesy of me, my deceased camera and my dog, Johnstone Castle:

and old Ferguslie Park, Paisley prior to regneration:

·
BAND
12,218 Posts
I used to have a picture of the inside of that hospital as my background I think. Except I never realised that's where it was.

Nice collections there Mr B.

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks schemie! At last, there are people visiting this thread. :cheer:

Your dog looks quite eerie on those pics. Some great photos there. :yes: But I'm wondering why those somewhat older chavs are hanging out at those toilets! :eek: :lol:

·
BAND
12,218 Posts
Jessops Hospital (where I was born). Currently being renovated to become part of the university. Cheers to this site for the images.

And cheers to here for the pics of inside. Its actually a pretty good site for derelict buildings.

And one of Leahs Yard. Think this is an old photo, but it's still abandoned (gonna be refurbished as part of the NRQ).

1 - 20 of 258 Posts