SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
and COKE please
357 Posts
by the way guys.. based on what has been shown in the first lot of posts, everyone is just guessing it's an octogon shape... what's on the other side of this building?? the same, or something different (shitter)??

or should we be hopefull for something better?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
by the way guys.. based on what has been shown in the first lot of posts, everyone is just guessing it's an octogon shape... what's on the other side of this building?? the same, or something different (shitter)??

or should we be hopefull for something better?
I stand to be corrected but the da A002217137 definitely shows it to be octagonal. Thanks to victopenfold, posting 419 "Empire Canc. thread

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Maybe Soulvision can get us some good photos like he did with Meriton in Hershell St?
All those Meriton renders were in the DA documents. I've sifted through all the pages in this DA and there are no further renders of a significant nature.

Though they do show that this tower is octagonal and more or less the same all the way around.

·
BrizGreek18
1,125 Posts
whats goin on wih this one
please tell me good news
im waitin for plans for the middle of CBD to fill up with 100m plus tower

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Hopefully it's canned cos it's crap.

·
New Urbanist
5,476 Posts
With office vacancy rates about to rise it would make more sense to build a Meriton-style residential tower with cheap apartments in this location.

·
Regular User
970 Posts
I'd rather just have this stay as it is until the next boom so the site isn't wasted.
It is a shit site. 150m+ is a very good result. Be happy and embrace it.

EDIT: of course no offence directed at you Jesse.

·
Regular User
970 Posts
fail. it is a shit site.

get a grip.

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
The previous proposal vs this one?
It shows that the site does not restrict good design.
I can list many small sites in brisbane atm getting well designed towers.. Matisse? etc

This looks like something from Sydney in the 70s

·
Regular User
970 Posts
Project CANCELLED

APG have been shaky on this purchase since the collapse of the office market late last year. Typical of APG to walk, it's not the first time.

Metcap obviously wanted the sale desperately - they went to the point of suing APG for not completing the sale.

Metcap is out of funds. IMO, any suggestion that they are going to re-start the project is a smoke screen. They are re-leasing the shops..... so no development will be occuring soon. Choppard suggests a new sheme will be released in 2011.

[please don't re-open the Empire Thread, that goose is cooked]

·
Regular User
970 Posts
Well, as we know Metcap failed to sell this site to APG, at the stupidly high price of $33M.

According to today's Primesite, Metcap has now have been forced to put it on the market once again, through Ray White Transact & Colliers International.

IMO, at today's rates, the site is only worth somewhere between $17M and $20M.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts