SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Essence
The essence of Cairns

The name says it all ... Essence is at the heart of the Cairns lifestyle. Enjoy a short stroll down the esplanade and you’ll find yourself surrounded by the essence of cosmopolitan living – the finest restaurants, boutique shopping and vibrant nightlife.

The essence of living

The corner of Lake and Smith Streets, Cairns – this is where inner-city cosmopolitan living meets quality and affordability. Essence encapsulates a relaxed tropical city lifestyle in its architecture and landscaping. This is a rare opportunity to own a contemporary, stylish city apartment without being priced out of the market.

The essence of detail ...

Essence is an exclusive five-storey, 42-apartment residential development that marries resort-style relaxation with the convenience of inner-city esplanade living. Many apartments have esplanade frontage that take full advantage of the location’s views out over the Coral Sea. An apartment at Essence is more than an investment – it truly is an investment in a lifestyle.

The essence of Hedley ...

Hedley Constructions has a solid reputation for high quality workmanship. The Hedley name has appeared on numerous awards for excellence in building from the Queensland Master Building Association. You can be confident that your dreams of the perfect apartment will be fulfilled when you choose Hedley Constructions and Essence.

Pricing

3 bed / 2 bath apartments from $395,000, 2 bed/2 bath apartments from $545,000, 2 bed + study /2 bath apartments from $595,000

http://www.twhedley.com.au/cairns/essence.html

Construction Photos:

20th April:

At the moment a dismountable has moved in, the site is cleared and there is a hole dug in the middle of the site but nothing construction wise just yet.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
This is not offensive in any way! But! would you even call this a high-rise. Personally I would of just disused this in the Cairns projects thread just like a few of the littley's in Townsville!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's just because I’ll most likely be uploading a few construction photos of it over its progress and it will make it easier to find them and if you don't want to see them you don't have to wait for them in the Cairns Construction Thread. I made this thread also because it hasn't begun yet, I didn't worry about making threads for projects such as Centrepoint that are half way through construction.

It's a small high-rise but it will be quite tall for that area. It will have a crane on it most likely and if a project will probably have a permanent crane I think about making a thread for the project.

No offence taken :)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HUGE SHOCK!

Nothing has happened at all. I would expect this site to be like this for a while longer as well.

This photo is from last Wednesday though it's not the best.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Hedley has ran out of money to start it. I have been told he is struglling to find enough finance to finish Vision even. His construction business is very heavly debt laden. I don't think many banks around want to lend him any more money. The economic climate is too risky at the moment. The slowdown has not seem to affected cmc they must have a more solid balance sheet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts