SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
autostradożerca
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using a small script to help with my SSC routine for years, with migration I have updated it and thought that maybe I'd share it with anyone who's interested.

Basically the problem is: I'm following discussion in about 200 threads on this board, visiting all of them takes a lot of clicking. To make my life easier, I have a small script, which adds a new button on "Following" page. Clicking that button opens all threads that I follow (with new posts) in new browser tabs.

To make it work you need a browser extension like Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey.

Script is located here:

Adds a little button like this:

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Thanks for information on this useful feature. Before I install it, I have a few questions since I'm not an expert:
1) Is it possible to customize it for the threads that I follow that will of course be different from what you follow?
2) Is it available on my login from different PCs or only the one PC where I install the script?
3) If not, does it need to be installed on each PC where I browse SSC?

Thanks & look forward to your response.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
I just tried to run the script after downloading it, but an error is being encountered (Line-17, Char-5, Syntax error, Source-MS JScript Compilation error).

·
autostradożerca
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1) Is it possible to customize it for the threads that I follow that will of course be different from what you follow?
2) Is it available on my login from different PCs or only the one PC where I install the script?
3) If not, does it need to be installed on each PC where I browse SSC?
1. It works with threads you follow on the account you're logged into on SSC. For me it's my followed threads, for you it's yours.
2./3. The userscript works only in the browser where you've installed it, so if you use multiple PCs to access SkyscraperCity, to get the button you need to install it on each one.

From the error you posted I'm guessing you have downloaded the file and tried to run it, which is not how you use it. To use the script, you need to install a special browser add-on, for example I use Tampermonkey, but I know there are some alternatives. After you've installed the browser add-on, you need to visit the link I provided (on GreasyFork site) and click "install this script" button.

·
Administrator
990 Posts
Just a word of caution as I know folks like to use special scripts in some cases.

Please just know that we are unable to troubleshoot or support any errors if using add on scripts.

- Cricket

·
Registered
136 Posts
why doesn't it go to the earliest unread post? Where is the link to the first unread post on the subscribed thread list BTW?

·
autostradożerca
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ It does, or at least it should. Note that going to the first unread post only works the second time you use it for each thread, because information about last unread post wasn't migrated from the old forum. Clicking on the thread title takes you to the first unread post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts