SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 291 Posts

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
Well done.

Are there any renderings or similar regarding the Alto project slated for across the street, other than the recent article in the Times?

·
Registered
371 Posts
It looks like a decent building, but there is something I have to point out about the renderings, especially this one.

I have to say that I am actually impressed with whoever did these renderings because they put in things like streetlights, trees, a bus stop, and other random little things that will be there in real life and will actually block certain views of the building. I always hate it when someone does a rendering and ignores all those real life factors in their work, which is why buildings so often look different from their renderings when completed (granted, this is only just one of the reasons why a rendering can look better than the built work.)

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
Any news on this at all? I walked the area and saw the sign on the site but it was pretty heavily vandalized.

I love the design!

·
Registered
7,178 Posts

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
Maybe. What are you confused about? Thats a picture of the site as it stands today. Supposed to start within the week.

·
Journeyman
16,434 Posts
They're in active demo. That usually starts with taking out the reusable stuff before knocking the building down.

1 - 20 of 291 Posts