SkyscraperCity banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Yep I saw a new sign on the Pagoda side. Something about "comment period ending July 9th, 2008"

I dont know what that means though!

·
Registered
92 Posts
So my question is why is Multi proposing (what appears to be) the same project again? I thought they basically had design approval earlier this year, then it sounded like it was dead due to the slowing market and the land was for sale. Now a few months later it's back, and is anything different? If Multi Group decided that they DO want to move forward, why are they proposing the project again?

·
Registered
62 Posts
The original MUP proposal left the avis building intact and built two towers adjacent to it. Since that time, the developers have acquired the avis site as well. Now the proposal is for the full width of the block.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Originally that's true, but I attended the design Review in Feb 08 and they had this same design with the 11 story base which ran the full length of the block. So at that time they'd acquired the Avis garage and had incorporated it. So did they get design approval for the full block but had yet to change the MUP to reflect this?

Is the land still for sale?

·
Registered
43 Posts
DJC Published for today indicates that this project will be delayed until 'Late 2009,' due to 'a faltering economy, poor local condo sales, and lack of financing for parts of the project.' Alec Carlin, the PM for the Hummingbird Advisors (Developer's Rep), said they're 'trying to decide the best time to move forward.'

Shame, the rendering on the front page of the paper is amazing. Dare I say that it's maybe even prettier than 1521.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts