SkyscraperCity banner

101 - 120 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
yeah, just like houses! up, up up forever! :) seriously, though, my experience is that land prices are volatile, subject to what you can build on it in the market within a fairly defined period of time. Land prices are up 200% in many seattle multi-family zones relative to 5 years ago due to the hot market. In socal's inland empire, land prices are selling for 30% of what they did two years ago. ...Land prices should hold up fairly well in DT seattle, because the product to be built tends to be a wants driven rather than needs driven good and there one truism in the economy right now, its that the rich are getting richer. that said, they paid double the market, so there's little place for it to appreciate to barring a dramatic change in construction technology.

·
Journeyman
16,499 Posts
Downtown Seattle's land market also benefits from being suitable for numerous uses, particularly offices, condos, apartments, and hotels -- all of which go up and down, but not at the same time. Biotech is also significant on the edges. Even medical offices and hospital campus expansions can be a factor.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
Maybe they'll make it bigger! :banana:

Would be awesome to have a twin towers version of that thing.
bah, too many twin towers. Already have the Insignia towers, 1200 stewart, the westins, the 2nd and virginia ones. How bout 2 complimentary towers instead of ANOTHER set of twins?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I agree. No twins right across the street from westin twins. From the renderings it looks like they would be different from each other.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I agree. No twins right across the street from westin twins. From the renderings it looks like they would be different from each other.
Renderings? I haven't seen the rendering for the "Pagoda Tower" which is the tower going up where Icon Grill is at. Where did you see this ?

·
1,442 Posts
Nice! =)

·
Here
2,065 Posts
Wow! I'm in love with that. To bad it wasn'tt two seperate towers, but this is amazing. The base is so New Yorkish with the big billboard. This looks absolutely fantastic!!! Thanks for the great find!

101 - 120 of 254 Posts