SkyscraperCity banner

121 - 140 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was just going to say the same thing. Im not sure if itll deract from the westin towers or not, but i like it.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Do you think this development might make Westin update their towers? They are beginning to look ummm a bit dated. Even a clean up of the exterior would be good.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I really hope this project gets built during this current cycle but they may be a little late to the party. I'm looking forward to hearing who they select to operate the hotel portion. I believe both towers will have hotel rooms below the condos.

On separate note, what is up with all the twin tower condos in the area?

• Heron/Pagoda Towers
  • 1200 Stewart
  • Insignia
  • 6th & Lenora
  • 2nd & Virginia
  • Bellevue Towers
  • Bravern Residences
  • Washington Square
  • Westin Hotel
  • Concorde
  • Ellington

·
Registered
14,554 Posts
I wonder if Westin will try to operate these hotel rooms in conjunction with their current hotel (think tunnel under 5th avenue).

Hear me out on this one. I know that Convention planners want "Headquarter Hotels" that have at least 1200 rooms for their delegates. Currently, only the Sheraton has this capability with their new tower. If the Westin got an additional 250-300 rooms, they too would qualify.

I'm not saying that this will happen, but with the proximity of the project, its at least feasible.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hear me out on this one. I know that Convention planners want "Headquarter Hotels" that have at least 1200 rooms for their delegates. Currently, only the Sheraton has this capability with their new tower. If the Westin got an additional 250-300 rooms, they too would qualify.
This is a little off topic but in response to above, I noticed this on the DPD website for the bus station at 8th & Stewart - 51-story, 1,200 room hotel:
http://web1.seattle.gov/DPD/permitstatus/Project.aspx?id=3008299&3008449&t=4

·
Twinkie
733 Posts
Interesting! But how come there's no date listed for the application date? And from the property timeline, this appears before 2001... Or am I reading it wrong? The listed architect (Spencer Decker) didn't show up on any google searches either. So many questions!

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Here
2,065 Posts
Omg! What a coincidence! 51 floors!! I believe this would make it the tallest hotel tower in Seattle. Very interesting indeed I am looking forward for more news.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

Here's a view between the Westin and the currently under construction Escala

Website: http://seattlecondosandlofts.com/2008/01/new-look-for-heron-pagoda-towers
I'm impressed with the Manhattan feel of these towers, but a bit disappointed that they sterilized them some to appease the planning board. The older rendering was much stronger. But we know how that goes. I'll be happy with these two beauties if they get built.:banana: Is it just me or is all the Twin towers have something to do with the building codes here in King County? Land restrictions or height restrictions. I guess many cities have twin towers nowadays.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
WOW!!! Amazing rendering! Exactly what Seattle need for! :)

BellevueBoy, you're right about tons of twin towers are going on around here in Seattle and some in Bellevue. I noticed that for a while... I think height restriction affects more construction of twin towers to meet up the demands. Check Calargy, Canada, they got tons of twin towers and they got built because of height restriction.

·
Registered
397 Posts
IS it still going to be 550 feet or is it shrinking? It seems like a lot of developments end up being right around 500 feet which will make everything the same height.

·
Journeyman
16,410 Posts
Looks like 550' to me. There appears to be a roofline at 500' with architectural features / mechanical above that.

121 - 140 of 254 Posts