SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 160 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I like the new rendering as well. I really like the atrium's on the top of each building that I imagine will be lit at night. Thank god it's not another box. I'm so tired of flat roof lines.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
That's interesting that the south tower is all residential and the north is hotel/condo, I would think it'd be the other way around so the hotel would be closer to shopping and the convention center.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
That's interesting that the south tower is all residential and the north is hotel/condo, I would think it'd be the other way around so the hotel would be closer to shopping and the convention center.
Could sun exposure have anything to do with it? The south facing building might get more sun and be a bigger draw for buyers whereas hotel goers aren't going to ask for a sunny side of the building. I dunno, just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
From the PI:

The project is budgeted at $900 million -- "give or take $100 million," Carlin said. Multi Group of New York is the sole financier.

Does this make this the most expensive building ever built in Seattle?

·
honk!!!
2,886 Posts
From the PI:

The project is budgeted at $900 million -- "give or take $100 million," Carlin said. Multi Group of New York is the sole financier.

Does this make this the most expensive building ever built in Seattle?
Wow. I didn't realize it was that expensive to build a 43 story tower.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Seattle is going to look SO crazy with so many projects starting between next month and next year! Dubai II!

and I love this:

Ishmael Leyva, of New York was chosen as architect, "not because we don't like Seattle designers, but because we feel Seattle is ready for something that's more edgy, more 'out there,' " Carlin said.

"This is a sophisticated design that says Seattle looks not toward Vancouver but toward Chicago and New York," he said.

"It also says Seattle is ready for higher density downtown, which has happened in Vancouver and in Portland."

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
So this thing will have an eleven story pedestal. I've got to believe this will be a major retail opportunity. To all those companies that say there's nowhere good to be placed - here it is! I envision a major anchor (or two) and another major shopping center. Something along the lines of San Francisco's newest would be awesome!!

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
So this thing will have an eleven story pedestal. I've got to believe this will be a major retail opportunity. To all those companies that say there's nowhere good to be placed - here it is! I envision a major anchor (or two) and another major shopping center. Something along the lines of San Francisco's newest would be awesome!!
From the PI article:

The still-preliminary plans call for an 11-story base, facing Fifth Avenue between Virginia and Stewart streets and offering retail at street level. The base's second and third floors, at the level of the monorail, would contain hotel ballrooms, meeting rooms and a pool and spa.

Retail would only be street level, not a multi level shopping center type development. Yes, a net increase of retail in the city, but I don't see a significant increase.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Projects often break ground when advertised.
I beg to differ. The following projects should have broken ground by now if they had stuck with the original start date they announced:

Colman Center
Ava
The Martin
Arthouse
Skygarden
Icon Tower
7th and Westlake
1 Hotel (started about 2 years late, now on hold)

I'm sure there's more but I just thought of those off the top of my head. I know the dates they give are very preliminary but I'm trying to prove that most projects don't meet the ground breaking dates that they announce prematurely.

141 - 160 of 254 Posts