SkyscraperCity banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'm pleased to see all of this will be butt-glazed curtainwall and not window wall with silver/gray aluminum mullions everywhere. From a distance I think it will resemble the F5 tower.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm pleased to see all of this will be butt-glazed curtainwall and not window wall with silver/gray aluminum mullions everywhere. From a distance I think it will resemble the F5 tower.
I was thinking the same things. With the chamfered corners it definitely has a F5 light look to it! I think it could look real nice.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I just saw that a project architect from NBBJ lives in the Cosmopolitan condos (northwest corner of the same block) and he submitted comments objecting to the project. I always find it entertaining when architects from prominent firms make objections to projects, basically saying "I know DRB is looking wholistically at this project and the neighborhood/skyline but what about MY view? And MY light?" and made no real reference to the applicable codes which the DRB is tasked with interpreting. Obviously DRB mostly ignored these comments but it just goes to show that public comments--even when they're from architects--usually have more to do with the commenter's self-interest than the applicable LU/Zoning rules.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
^^Hypocrite! I hope they get approval for a height increase to 800 feet!! That'll send a message....LOL!

101 - 112 of 112 Posts