SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 435 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that Eight and Pine is now running ads in the paper, prices starting in the 400's and they are taking reservations....appartently they are going to build this one and they are very smart to initiate their marketing campaign before additional competition steps in....the tower will include a hotel as well, the ad did not metion which operator....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yeah I was actually about to post something about this but you beat me to the punch. Here's a rendering and the link to the website.

http://www.liveatava.com/

This is going to be an awesome project: great location, great design, and perfect fit for the area.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
i know this should be getting a lot of attention. this should easily be seattle's tallest residential and perhaps even a 500'er(i believe it's zoned at 500') but still at 45 stories this could be in the top 15 of seattle's tallest.

·
逍遥法外
721 Posts
^I had no idea it would be that tall. This is excellent news as this is one of the better condo tower designs thus far!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
^^And one of the greatest locations.

I guess I didnt post a thread because I was waiting for something to talk about (news) I didnt see the new web site. Thanks Bellevueboy :cheers1:

This is a better rendeering.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I remember people were so upset when the skybridge at the convention center was built. Many complained about it blocking the views. Haven't heard anyone complaining about this bldg. This is one beautiful skyscraper.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have always liked this one since we first saw that rendering. Even better, the ratty apartments that are currently being used as construction offices/stating will be brought down when this goes up. Olive 8, Olivian and this will be such a great trio - this will be one happening area. Now, if only the Qwest building could get a reface or something...

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I love that design of building! I had no idea that will be that tall since that rendering doesn't look so tall to me. I'd love to see more renderings of it. :)

BTW, I think that skybridge for Washington Convention Center is very beautiful and attractive! People will always find something to complain. Only thing they have most in common... They don't like the changes.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
^^Ya the rendering doest do it much justice as far as the height but the design is great. There is also that lot across the street from the Paramount that was just demolished. We don’t know what is going on there. That could potentially be a 4th building in that area. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
^ The site directly east of Ava and south of the Camlin, at the NW corner of 9th and Pine is also ripe for development. And then across 9th ave is the huge bus terminal that could one day be built over. This corridor and the whole Denny Triangle neighborhood as a whole is going to look very very different in a few years.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Cool rendering, but do they have to make Seattle weather look that depressing? I mean its only like that 50% of the time in winter :-D

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^ Haha Seattle weather isn't that bad. I think its funny that many people are still complaining about Seattle weather. I'm orginaly from southern California and I only living here for two years now and still don't have had weather issue yet. Honestly I don't really think Seattle has depressing weather at all. I think only thing that bothered most of newcomers including me about very short daytime at winter time than just weather. However, I'm not going to let it to stop me from enjoying my residency in Seattle. :)

Anyway, How many units/floors will this building have?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
The weather is just to blend everything in and make the orange jump out at you. I love the dramatic affect the rendering has. I hope the final product is a very dark and imposing grey, almost black, glass with a florescent orange to contrast it. This is going to be one of Seattle’s best if it’s done right.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
That would be the Olivian. So this project seems to face 8th. They've obviously removed the Paramount Hotel for better viewing. But by my math, there still will be a vacant lot next to the old Camlin. Looks like a little alley will be added (to the right of this building).

1 - 20 of 435 Posts