SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 359 Posts

·
Journeyman
16,073 Posts
That's all we need to build from. You can even tell us over the phone and we'll take it from there...in this case just say it's a 500' box. Also, tell us you have lotsa moneys to pay for it.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Even just a box at 500' at that location would make a big impact on the skyline. I would be ok with that. Id prefer something sexier but I would be ok with it.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Plans indicate 284 hotel rooms, 223 residential units, 2,070 sq ft of ground floor retail, parking for 200 vehicles above and below ground with rooftop amenity space taking full advantage of the 15% bonus allowance above the 500' limit. MulvannyG2 designing. Design review scheduled for Dec 16.

·
Journeyman
16,073 Posts
So this could be 560' +- right?
I believe that residential can go 10% over the nominal limit, so 550'. But I don't really know. Also, I think elevator penthouses etc. are given more leeway than they used to be, which is presumably why 3rd & Cedar is a little taller than the typical 240' for example.

As for above-ground parking, I agree it's not ideal. But it's a small 12,960 sf site with adjacent buildings, and going deep gets expensive. It helps that the parking ratio is pretty aggressive for what's probably a high-end building. Today's land use code only allows three above-grade parking levels, unlike what's being built now under the old land use code. Maybe three levels above grade (screened by hotel units on the corner?) at 20 spaces per floor plus five or six levels below-grade around 30 levels per floor? That's assuming a little more than 400 sf per space, which could easily be much worse. Between circulation, large cores (particularly for mixed-use), columns, maybe storage lockers, etc., some buildings have far less efficient parking than that. And the hotel parking probably has to be kept separate.

61 - 80 of 359 Posts