Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just cameback from the Seattle area.

I stayed in Bellevue a the Hyatt.
That city is much better than I thought, it was close to PF chang, cheesecake factory. It is a very clean city and very modern.

Seattle was also beautiful, the weather, it did not rain at all.
people were friendly, the skyline look better in person. the waterfront is nice too. The freeway system look very impressive. The pike place market and the space needle were great.
A lot of people walk in Downtown and the city is very clean too
also the women are very beautiful, they take good care of themselve

The only compalint that I have was the homeless problem in Seattle and the lack of souvenir store. I used to see them everywhere in SF, but in Seattle, there were only a few.

I want to comeback and next time also visit Vancouver.

Seattle forumer are lucky to live there.
I might have to apply at microsoft and move to Redmond or Bellevue.

I will post some pictures later today or tomorrow

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Glad you like Bellevue/Seattle! :)

Yes, Seattle does have so many souvenir stores. You can find them at Seattle Center, Space Needle, Waterfront, Sea-Tac International Airport, Huge souvenir store on 1st and Pine, Westlake Center, Public Pike Market, etc.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did not know parking was so expensive there.
I went to the seattle center. I ate at the PF.Chang and they don't validate the parking.

The monorail only goes from space needle to Downtown.

next time I have to to the museums and take a boat to Victoria

how expensive is Redmond and Bellevue compare to Seattle?
I mean housing

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^ Automobile is discouraged in Seattle to reduce global warming, traffics and increase public transit. Plus parking spaces are very limited in downtown Seattle area since some of them are disappearing to developments.

The cost of living in Bellevue... More expensive than Seattle. Redmond... I am not sure yet. Seattle is somewhat cheaper than compared to Redmond/Bellevue depends on where in Seattle.

Also over last year ago, The City of Seattle tried to build 14 miles Green Line Monorail from Ballard to West Seattle but voters killed this project. :eek:hno:

·
Journeyman
16,908 Posts
Seattle's average prices are lower, but that's due to older houses and some downtrodden neighborhoods. Units of the same size, age, and amenities would be fairly similar in price, and often higher in Seattle due partially to land values.

·
1,445 Posts
^
Housing in Redmond and Bellevue is very expensive. You will be hard-pressed to find a 1-br apartment with rent under $1000, and a house under $700,000. Your average condo is probably like $400,000.
I beg to differ, Bellevue is expensive in parts. Neighborhoods like Newport, Northern Factoria, East Bellevue, etc all have more affordable rents. I found renting a house was easier. 3 bedroom colonial house for $1600 versus my one bedroom which was $800 on the east side of Bellevue. There are four houses on my street which run at $550k-700k. Mind you I also have the 1.6 million dollar house two blocks away, but really its not that bad. Downtown living is very expensive however.

I would also look at Sammamish, Issaquah etc if you were thinking of moving here.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I beg to differ, Bellevue is expensive in parts. Neighborhoods like Newport, Northern Factoria, East Bellevue, etc all have more affordable rents. I found renting a house was easier. 3 bedroom colonial house for $1600 versus my one bedroom which was $800 on the east side of Bellevue. There are four houses on my street which run at $550k-700k. Mind you I also have the 1.6 million dollar house two blocks away, but really its not that bad. Downtown living is very expensive however.

I would also look at Sammamish, Issaquah etc if you were thinking of moving here.
I agree. Ive lived in bellevue all my life and, though we have dozens of neighborhoods with million dollar homes lining both sides of the street, we have neighborhoods that make Renton residents feel right at home (Zing! Sorry, I had to do it). Ill be graduating from Newport High in a week, and the condos around there are no more than average. Definitely affordable. Same with crossroads and some of the eastgate multifamily areas.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
^wow, your a lameo. Typical bellevue response...thinking they are top notch compared to everyone. I live in renton part time and dont think bellevue is all that great....especially newport hills area...that areas lame and ghetto...only place in bellevue that wows me is medina and hunts point.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Im afraid that your statement about newport hills is generally true. There are quite a few other areas in Bellevue that are barely above average if that. However, the distinction can be made that Bellevue has only mediocre neighborhoods, where, in general, the whole of renton can be classified as mediocre (with the exception of the few waterfront and lakeview homes).

·
Neanderthal
956 Posts
^wow, your a lameo. Typical bellevue response...thinking they are top notch compared to everyone. I live in renton part time and dont think bellevue is all that great....especially newport hills area...that areas lame and ghetto...only place in bellevue that wows me is medina and hunts point.
I thought we were aggrandizing the ghettos? :uh:

Just like every other suburb/edge city/whatever-the-hell-you-want-to-call-it, Bellevue has its balance. Two of the most affluent neighborhoods in South Bellevue are within close proximity to more lower-income housing neighborhoods.

Newport Hills, for example. On the south side near Eastside Catholic, you have Densmore. Affluent, upper-middle class. On the northern end toward 405, you'll find more affordable and older ramblers.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
i know all that stuff^ anyways...i dont really care...i just hated the diss on renton...so shove it! lol. get this thread back to the subject...i didnt mean to ake it off course. sorry. and you watch...renton is up and coming...i tell u! haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts