Skyscraper City Forum banner
301 - 320 of 1310 Posts

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
I thought it was interesting that Vulcan' involvement in Yesler Terrace was mentioned. This is something that I hadn't really considered much in the development of different subareas of downtown Seattle.

Just a hypothesis, and something I'd never even considered, until this was mentioned in this article. Of course, I could be talking out my a$$ and not have a freaking clue what I'm writing about.
Great chess players see 10 moves ahead.

I'm still working on checkers.

·
Buy used books
3,187 Posts
That intersection is going to be awesome. Now, considering the coming-to-life of the south end of downtown, just how far south does that go in our lifetimes? (well, yours anyway.) You know my own long view has mid- and highrises all the way past Boeing Field, which will be closed and re-developed itself by then.

·
Registered
15,942 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Between 5th and Columbia and 5th and Madison i don't see how the market can absorb this one as well. There are bldgs in town with high vacancy rates
I was under the impression (from other threads in this forum) that vacancy rates were down, the market was up and another boom was coming? Did I misunderstand?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
It'll be interesting in a couple years, the amount of tech and gaming companies clustering around Pioneer Square, they may command that sort of rent in the foreseeable future. Especially if some of those little startups gain traction. Also if a tenant or two takes up a significant portion of the tower for a long (15+ years?) occupancy agreement, I'm sure that $45-50 figure can be brought down quite a bit.

·
Registered
15,942 Posts
I was under the impression (from other threads in this forum) that vacancy rates were down, the market was up and another boom was coming? Did I misunderstand?
If you have old brick and beam office space, its leasing. If you are in the northern portion of downtown (read: near amazon) you're leasing okay. Traditional CBD? Still not so great.

Here is some information:

http://www.colliers.com/~/media/files/united states/markets/seattle_puget sound/1q2013_office_kr

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
OK, thanks for the info! you would think that maybe it's a chicken or egg type thing though? lack of development keeping development down? as far as transportation and food/nightlife one would think the southern half of town would be a better investment.

301 - 320 of 1310 Posts