SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
1,441 Posts
Boulder, grats on your 2000th post btw! :)

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Thanks Velciane! Would've been epic had the 2,000th had been "Ice Ice baby", but apparently it was me mocking someone for a silly comment. Just as well I suppose...

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
I'm new at really tracking and following a buildings progress from the beginning to the end. Please excuse my ignorance. But if anyone has the time and patience would you please just post a very rough basic generic estimated timeline for what we should expect for a building like this. Im curious about how long it will take for things like: when will the hole be completely dug? When will it begin to build above grade? How long does a building like this typically take?

I'm just curious. It's not a big deal if nobody can. Thanks either way.

·
Premium Member
6,185 Posts
This particular project is a little different (and probably faster) because if I'm not mistaken they're not going below grade much at all for parking. I walked by the site today and it looks like they're installing drilled piers for foundations. In general I'd say a few months for foundations, then get the tower crane installed and then about a year to make it look like a completed building from the outside with the interior still in different stages of completion. If the building is structural steel instead of all concrete it generally would go a little faster but I think this project has a concrete elevator core (or two) so that concrete work takes time. (It's also possible to have a steel plate core like the US Federal Courthouse near the Greyhound station which is generally faster to build but they're not very common around Seattle.)

1 - 20 of 183 Posts