SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2820 Posts

·
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :dj: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.................... ......... ....... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
:dance: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . S E A T T L E

-------------------------< UNDER CONSTRUCTION >-----------------------------

North Lot
--> THREAD <--

Colman Tower
--> THREAD <--

Via6 (6th and Blanchard)
--> THREAD <--

The Martin
http://www.themartinseattle.com/
--> THREAD <--

Viktoria Apartments (1915 Second)
--> THREAD <--

2301 6th Ave (Insignia) Two 40 floor condos
--> THREAD <--

225 Cedar St
--> THREAD <--

815 PINE 40 floors
--> THREAD <--

------------------------< APPROVED / PROPOSED >-----------------------------
-----------------------------------< Or "STATUS UNCERTAIN" >----------------------------------------

8th & Pine (Ava) 45 floors
--> THREAD <--

2000 Third Ave
--> THREAD <--

2nd and Pike (West Edge Tower)
--> THREAD <--

8th and Seneca
--> THREAD <--

Stewart and Minor
http://www.stewartandminor.com/

5th and Columbia
http://fifthandcolumbia.com/
--> THREAD <--

5th and Madison
--> THREAD <--

1823 Minor
--> THREAD <--

Stewart and Denny
--> THREAD <--

1800 Terry (Terry & Powell)
--> THREAD <--

12th & Denny
--> THREAD <--

The I.D. Building
--> THREAD <--

Civic Square
--> THREAD <--

Amazon.com Complex
--> THREAD <--

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Thanks for starting a new one! Many so many awesome projects that won't happen for a least another few years... A lot of those just look awesome. I hadn't even heard of the 5th & Madison one. The building itself looks good but the thing is, there's been a least two other towers built within two blocks of this (one of them across the street) that look almost exactly the same... Can we get some variation?
I like how a lot of these look really unique. We have a few really interesting buildings in Seattle but not enough. I especially like Insignia, 1823 Minor, and 5th & Columbia. And man do I wish Heron and Pagoda had been able to go through. Civic Square seems to have some promise since it's kind of a city project, so I'm super excited for when/if that ever gets built, because of the design and the great asset that new plaza is going to give us.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Do we want to reorganize those? I can see a few that are completely dead if not on hold.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Yeah - I had similar thoughts about a category called "proposed but unlikely to ever be built" or something more clear than "Status Uncertain" which implies to some readers a 50/50 chance of being built.

·
Banned
2,144 Posts
Some of these would look kind of weird in Seattle so it might be better that they not get built. That's just my opinion, though.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
the 114 pike I think is definitely dead. They just renovated the building thats there into the new hard rock cafe

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
http://web1.seattle.gov/dpd/luib/Notice.aspx?BID=525&NID=11042 Apparently the owners of this site (this thing says 1221 E Denny but I think it's really just 1221 Denny, because it says it's at Denny and Yale) are applying for an alley-vacation permit so that they can build this building:http://www.kauri.com/_projects/details.php?id=30 down there. I guess a lot of developers are going through the permitting process now so they can start construction as soon as the economy gets better.
Wasn't this the site for some Gawdawful Vegas-like monstrosity?

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
Did this 2006 era concept for a tower on the site of the KC Admin building never even get to the design/developer proposal stage? (screen shot pasted below) Is the Admin building staying put for the foreseeable future?

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Oooh that'd be awesome. The current King County Administration Building is the most awful thing ever. I'd guess that it will be several years before anything like that comes up again, but once the county is finally out of the recession and doing well, maybe we'll see another skyscraper proposal there. King County will continue growing at a rapid rate for the next few decades, so the expanding governmental functions will need a lot more office space. And it's always good to consolidate operations that are currently all over the place into one building, like they did with the Seattle Municipal Tower.

·
honk!!!
2,886 Posts
I seem to recall Ron Sims floating the idea and Seattle basically saying no (it's not zoned for buildings that tall so the city would've needed to make some sort of exception, IIRC).

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
Oooh that'd be awesome. The current King County Administration Building is the most awful thing ever. I'd guess that it will be several years before anything like that comes up again, but once the county is finally out of the recession and doing well, maybe we'll see another skyscraper proposal there. King County will continue growing at a rapid rate for the next few decades, so the expanding governmental functions will need a lot more office space. And it's always good to consolidate operations that are currently all over the place into one building, like they did with the Seattle Municipal Tower.
My take on this is that King County would be well served to buy an empty office building ala Seattle buying Municipal Tower (nee Key Tower) when the economy was doing poorly and there was a lot of vacancy downtown.

1 - 20 of 2820 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.