SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2801 - 2820 of 2820 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
Cool, so you'll be able to browse a map to find permit applications for specific lots?
Next, we need Notice of Proposed Land Use Action reform! Here in Berkeley, the signs have an actual rendering and describe the proposed project in plain English.
What map-based functionality for finding permit applications are you expecting that the Activity Locator doesn't provide today? No doubt it could be better but it is pretty good.

·
Premium Member
6,184 Posts
I was wondering if we'd get a new thread. Wasn't sure what the reason would be that it's needed but it does feel fresh and new when it used to happen.

·
1,440 Posts
Is there anything on the front page that needs updating? I've got a feeling there is.

Also, it's past time to archive this thread and start a #9. Will probably do that soon.
Shouldn't you also create a new Bellevue thread as well? It has several hundred more posts than this one does at the moment. :)

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
http://crosscut.com/2012/12/18/tran...-transportation-greyhound-move-hits-obstacle/ Wow, somehow I had no idea that Greyhound was planning to build its new terminal right next to Stadium Station, between the busway and 6th south of Royal Brougham. This article makes it sound like it's been public for a long time. This artist's complaints are honestly ridiculous - if your art faces a vacant, developable lot, you have to accept that someday it could be partially obstructed. It's not the best location for a new Greyhound station but it's decent, and it has to open in just four months! Is that an indication of when construction could start on the 9th & Stewart project?

·
Journeyman
16,426 Posts
I agree, the complaint is absurd. That's a moderately good location for a terminal...not close enough to real activity, but great transit service with rail and the bus throughway. Frankly our land is pretty expensive for a use like that to be right in the middle of things, and it's hard to stack (expensive, too specific to one tenant, not expandable later, etc.).

·
Correspondent
8,276 Posts
and then the insufferable douche-nozzle Licata with his comment, "I would hope a company that earned $30 million in profits last year could do more to accommodate this major public artwork. By doing so, they would enhance their customers’ experiences of riding Greyhound in Seattle.”

Yeah, real art aficionados those Greyhound bus riders.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
and then the insufferable douche-nozzle Licata with his comment, "I would hope a company that earned $30 million in profits last year could do more to accommodate this major public artwork. By doing so, they would enhance their customers’ experiences of riding Greyhound in Seattle.”

Yeah, real art aficionados those Greyhound bus riders.

Ugh Licata shut up shut up shut up!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
In regards to the Crosscut article, will the media never stop blaming the Seattle Art Museum's sculpture park soley for the demise of the waterfront streetcar? If I remember, a developer wanted to build a great looking structure on the site of one of Pioneer Square's premier eyesores--the somewhat derelict parking lot between Occidental Square and the Waterfall garden, but because it would have risen a few feet over the height limit, it never materialized. A new car barn would have been located in the building. So no streetcar and still an ugly parking lot. BTW, I spend a lot of time walking through the sculpture park, not that I'm that interested in the sculpture per se, but as a great addition to our downtown greenspace and, for those who remember what was there before (besides the carbarn), replacement for a woeful brownfield. If the waterfront streetcar is ever going to be resurrected, a way will be found regardless of the sculpture park.

·
Journeyman
16,426 Posts
The process for public construction makes it very hard to think long-term, and hard for agencies to cooperate. The streetcar barn going up near the Greyhound site could have been built (somewhere) with enough room for the waterfront streetcar, and with room for more frequent service on First Hill. Instead it's just big enough for the current plans for First Hill.

·
Registered
14,590 Posts
I didn't know anything about some of these projects. The Caroline W. project @ 431 Boylstone Ave. E. is directly out my apartment's windows. Well, this puts more impetus for me to take the time to find a place to purchase.

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
Yah I hadn't heard much about any of them really. That's why I figured I'd share the link because others probably hadn't either.

2801 - 2820 of 2820 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.