SkyscraperCity banner

2741 - 2760 of 2760 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
This one was obscure. Talk about over reacting.
Over reacting is not the problem. It's not reacting that is the problem. Things can get out of hand real quick then everyone will blame each other for not dealing with this appropriately.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The Lotte Hotel appears to be having a soft opening. Walked past and there was a manned valet stand at the entrance on 5th. Would've confirmed but he was helping what appeared to be a guest. Official opening is September 24th: LOTTE HOTEL SEATTLE Official Website
They picked a helluva time to delay opening into. Maybe it's better that they didn't staff up and then turn around and fire a bunch of folks?

·
Registered
417 Posts
South Korea has very little Covid, and Lotte is a massive company. Maybe they see it as a minor cost that's worthwhile.
Agreed. Lotte only has a few hotels in North America, a wealthy region they hope to tap further. Not generating immediate profit from Seattle is just part of Lotte's cost of establishing a business foothold in North America.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Just a quick update for anyone who hasn't been past the F5 during the pandemic. The green wall plantings along James Street wall look terrible. For my commute home Waze often has me hop on I-5 for a ways then use James to get down to Alaskan Way. The sidewalks and streets are so sparsely populated at 5:30 pm it could be 5am on a Sunday morning in the olden times.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just a quick update for anyone who hasn't been past the F5 during the pandemic. The green wall plantings along James Street wall look terrible. For my commute home Waze often has me hop on I-5 for a ways then use James to get down to Alaskan Way. The sidewalks and streets are so sparsely populated at 5:30 pm it could be 5am on a Sunday morning in the olden times.
That green wall has always been a struggle for them. For the 2 years I worked across the street at Columbia Center, I think they rebuilt it/repaired it 4 or 5 different times...

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
That green wall has always been a struggle for them. For the 2 years I worked across the street at Columbia Center, I think they rebuilt it/repaired it 4 or 5 different times...
Yeah, this. They never got it right. I'm not sure I've seen a successful green wall outdoors. The inside one at Madison Centre has always looked good, at least when viewed walking past. I'm not an expert and I assumed they hired experts prior to install but the spaces for the plants look really small relative to the plants placed in them. Keep enough water in those, even in our climate, would be a problem.

2741 - 2760 of 2760 Posts