SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
WOW!!!! At beginning, I seen old rendering of this tower, I thought it look ugly and very unattractive. Now this new rendering, its got much better and improved! It remind me alot of Avenue One building in Belltown.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Land Use Application to establish use for future construction of a 43-story building containing 5,131 sq. ft. of retail and 431 residential units and 40 hotel rooms above. Parking for 364 vehicles to be provided above and below grade. Project includes 47,882 cu. yds. of grading. Addendum to EIS prepared by City of Seattle Downtown Height and Density changes - January 2005.

So the hotel rooms are above the residential coondos??? Interesting...its the first time I've heard of this combination.

·
Registered
93 Posts

My mistake, I thought this picture is of the podium level, this is actually the top and what would be the hotel portion?

·
Journeyman
15,932 Posts
Sure doesn't look like a hotel on top. Each unit is different.

Further, hotels are rarely at the top. Usually they're below the residences.

There are many reasons for this. For one, hotels want their rooms closer to the service infrastructure, from kitchens to laundry to loading dock. Second, while apartments and condos can charge a big premium for elevation, hotels can't as much.

Who knows in this case though.

·
Registered
880 Posts
it's probably on ice.....maybe they lost confidence in the market....the apt rental market is expected to reverse in 2010 and they have lots of direct competiton (similiar products and quality, i.e. new high rise construction) that are well on their way to delivery with Aspira and the Olivian.....

·
Registered
8,926 Posts
Don't tell me Seattle is the going way of Vancouver and having less parking stalls for condos

Up here most of the new buildings have more units than stalls and i believe they passed something that will allow new developments to have even less parking

they assume people buying will not have cars or need them so they don't provide enough parking spaces and often parking is an extra price

·
Journeyman
15,932 Posts
Don't tell me Seattle is the going way of Vancouver and having less parking stalls for condos

Up here most of the new buildings have more units than stalls and i believe they passed something that will allow new developments to have even less parking

they assume people buying will not have cars or need them so they don't provide enough parking spaces and often parking is an extra price
For decades, Downtown housing projects have been able to have zero parking if they prefer. Developers simply build the amount of parking they think will be necessary.

Because below-grade parking costs around $40,000 per stall, it's important not to require unneeded spaces.

In certain other neighborhoods, parking requirements have recently been reduced. This is a major boost to affordability.

1 - 20 of 487 Posts