SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to be confused with the 1823 Terry or Stewart & Minor projects, this is another high-rise proposal for the Denny Triangle/"Midtown" district. It is located midblock on Minor Ave between Stewart and Howell. It will be next door to Stewart & Minor. Not sure who the developer is but the architect is Bumgardner. At 475 feet, this will be the new tallest residential tower in the city.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

The proposal is for a 40-story, 475' tall mixed-use building containing approximately 412 residential units, 3,000 sq. ft. of retail, and 412 parking spaces in an above and below-grade garage.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used to live in the apartments next door at 1820 minor. This block sorely needs something tall, it is mainly parking lots and crappy looking mid rises right now. Exciting proposal.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice, saw this and assumed it was Stewart & Minor... nice surprise that it isn't. Refresh, which corner was Stewart & Minor to be located on? Northwest of this project?

·
1,441 Posts
I work over in the Metro Park complex, and would have some awesome views of the construction if this project gets built. What do you think the likely hood is that this will actually move forward?

·
Journeyman
16,439 Posts
Yeah but it's kind of Boren waiting for it. I'd Howell if this project would start within a year. I also Pine for some of the other stuff coming up. You do too -- don't Denny it.

Oh that was horrible!

·
1,441 Posts
Yeah but it's kind of Boren waiting for it. I'd Howell if this project would start within a year. I also Pine for some of the other stuff coming up. You do too -- don't Denny it.

Oh that was horrible!

You really hit it on the Bell with that one....

I am sure they are laughing all the way down in Columbia! :lol:

·
Registered
299 Posts
to BB, I should amend my statement and say favorable situation, with the current landowner interested in ground leasing and not selling - thereby reducing competition with condos for the land. The main dials on the terms for land leases are establishing a base value of the land, deciding a multiplier on land value that guides lease payments and determining reset provisions on the land value over time

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's an early rendering for 1823 Minor, called Kinects, which bows out on three side towards the top. Per the DJC, "apartments on three sides will have a 6-inch slope in their exterior curtain wall between the floor and ceiling."

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's an early rendering for 1823 Minor, called Kinects, which bows out on three side towards the top. Per the DJC, "apartments on three sides will have a 6-inch slope in their exterior curtain wall between the floor and ceiling."

It reminds me of the Eddie Bauer Tower over in Bellevue although not as wide and perhaps a little taller.

I hope there'll be enough spacing between this tower and Stewart + Minor next door.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
It reminds me of the Eddie Bauer Tower over in Bellevue although not as wide and perhaps a little taller.

I hope there'll be enough spacing between this tower and Stewart + Minor next door.
That's what I thought!

I like the rendering of it. I'm curious what their glass facade will be like...

1 - 20 of 411 Posts