SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 958 Posts

·
Journeyman
16,274 Posts
No, height is unlimited in a certain core area, but FAR still applies.

Click on 23.49.011. http://clerk.ci.seattle.wa.us/~public/toc/23-49.htm

This stuff confuses the hell out of me. But here's my understanding from a quick look: The base FAR for the DOC 1 zone is 6, and the maximum is 20. The maximum requires LEED Silver, rural development credits, etc. On the bright side, numerous uses, such as retail and residential, can be deducted, at least in part, from the FAR equation, so apparently you can get above 20.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
According to DPD http://seattle.gov/dpd/Planning/Design_Review_Program/Project_Reviews/Upcoming/default.asp
the downtown Design Review Board will be reviewing this project at the March 27 meeting. Project 3006834 in the DPD database covers the 4 lots between Madison and Marion. (I checked property records at metrokc.gov to correlate the property description in DPD to county records.) Interesting to see that in May 2006 "S I SEATTLE INVESTMENTS IV LLC" bought the southern 2 lots from "MONTE CAROLO PROPERTIES LTD" but at least as of tonight in the IMAP system/assessor records - the "College Club of Seattle" still owns the northern 2 lots. Maybe there's some letter of intent to sell or something.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
In an article about Schnitzer a few weeks ago in the PSBJ, they stated that they will start construction on this tower this fall. The College Club is vacating their building soon, maybe by the end of this month.

·
10,235 Posts

·
honk!!!
2,886 Posts
Wait... on the cityscape thing there is a big project called 5th and Marion which I was thinking was this one. Are they the same thing? It sure looks like it.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Yes they are the same. The condo project that was originally proposed on that site was called 5th and Marion but after that got scraped and they bought more land they called the new office project 5th and Madison.

·
Registered
135 Posts
From what I have seen of the proposed tower, it very, very strongly resembles the WAMU/Seattle Art Museum Tower. It is not very original, but better than what is there.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
^ Not too surprising, NBBJ is the architect on both projects. The lot size and the height of the projects are similar as well. Schnitzer hasn't really pushed the envelope with any of their buildings, very generic and basic designs.

·
Registered
880 Posts
very basic, its to bad they don't take a greater act of interest in design but they are one of the few elite developers in the region and they have a great model to follow.....apparantly it works really well for them.....

·
Registered
205 Posts
From what I have seen of the proposed tower, it very, very strongly resembles the WAMU/Seattle Art Museum Tower. It is not very original, but better than what is there.
Where did you see the 'proposed' tower? Are there any renderings out there to see besides Cityscape 2012?

21 - 40 of 958 Posts