SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 958 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just looks like a taller version more or less of the one going up next to the Cosmopolitan. Hopefully Design Review will push 'em a little. There does seem to possibly be a curve to the roofline (hopefully)
Yawn....

·
Registered
205 Posts
You may be right...but it doesn't even look as interesting as WAMU.
I guess what I mean is that it's just a solid cross hatch window pattern repeated all the way up the building with little or no variation. With all the incredible buildings going up around the world, (with the 5th and Columbia a good example here), it's dissappointing to get yet another building that is mediocre..it could have been built in the 60's.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It's going to be cool to see both this tower and 5th & Columbia rise over the next few years a block away from each other. It sounds like both towers are a go, 5th & Columbia should start this spring and 5th & Madison is scheduled for a fall start.

·
Registered
880 Posts
my thoughts on 5th and Madison.......if they don't land an anchor then they will put it on ice....they are up against major competition and we are in a peaked office market.....unless we can fend off the recesion and some how our economy continues to expand and our housing market can weather the storm with only minimal damage....

this proposal seems very ambitious given what they already have under construction and provided the surrounding competition (which is very significant).......but I think it would be great addition to the skyline...I hope they build it but have a feeling that will wait if they can't land an anchor or achieve substantial pre-leasing...Schnitzer is a vey smart developer and they have a great track record for a reason....Selig on the other hand.....

·
Registered
536 Posts
Schnitzer is notorious for building on spec, but I doubt that theyll take that risk again with a building this size in an unstable economy. Heres hoping some huge company wants to relocate to seattle. 5th and Madison and 5th of columbia could accomodate something huge.

·
10,236 Posts
I'm sorry but could you explain what you mean by "on spec?"

That means "on speculation." In other words, they would be building the tower without any tenants lined up beforehand. They'd be "speculating" that they'd be able to find tenants to fill up the tower while it was being built, or at least soon afterwards. This can be very risky, especially if the economy is starting to go downhill.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
After viewing the link and seeing all the renderings, I'm liking it. The only thing is, I bet the roof top deck will not be open to the public. I wish it would be. That would be a great addition to the city.

41 - 60 of 958 Posts