SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 958 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
my thoughts on 5th and Madison.......if they don't land an anchor then they will put it on ice....they are up against major competition and we are in a peaked office market.....unless we can fend off the recesion and some how our economy continues to expand and our housing market can weather the storm with only minimal damage....

this proposal seems very ambitious given what they already have under construction and provided the surrounding competition (which is very significant).......but I think it would be great addition to the skyline...I hope they build it but have a feeling that will wait if they can't land an anchor or achieve substantial pre-leasing...Schnitzer is a vey smart developer and they have a great track record for a reason....Selig on the other hand.....
Hahaha all good points. I believe at this point they have confirmed your specuation...it is going on ice till there is an anchor tenant. Don't blink though, while the market is cooling Schnitzer does an amazing job marketing. I heard that they are courting Perkins Coie, MSFT and Sharebuilder (I also hear two of the three are not interested...so who knows).

They got the land at a great price!! Anothe slick off-market deal.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
I'm really surprised. With 5th & Columbia supposedly waiting to go with permits ready, I can't see how two large buildings can proceed at roughly the same time. However, I'd love to see both happen.

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
Still wish this one was just like 50' taller (at a minimum). I'd really like it to crest over the top of the buildings to the west of it to add to the Alki view of the skyline. Such a waste. :/

·
Registered
14,290 Posts
Can the title of this thread be changed to reflect that it is a 36 story project instead of a 40 story structure?

·
Registered
8,030 Posts

At 550' it isn't going to do anything for the skyline. Such a shame. Even just 50 more feet would make a big difference. Such a let down.

·
10,237 Posts
I'm really surprised. With 5th & Columbia supposedly waiting to go with permits ready, I can't see how two large buildings can proceed at roughly the same time. However, I'd love to see both happen.
Yeah I'd rather see them build 5th & Columbia first. Though I'll take anything that comes along I suppose.

61 - 80 of 958 Posts