SkyscraperCity banner

941 - 958 of 958 Posts

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
At least this one has windows, but definitely smaller that the 7th Ave one. I'm assuming all food prep is still done back there and not on site with this one. Wondering, too, if these models are step one towards a larger footprint. Probably many more cameras and other logistics to work out.

·
Premium Member
6,114 Posts
I also noticed the household pantry items that SounderBruce pointed out but in the 300 Boren Ave store. Cooking oil, aspirin, liquid Tide and quite a few other pantry and related items. Starts to get into Bartells territory a bit more. I think the Block 19 store has less of this stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
According to Ashley Stewart at PSBJ: Hulu signed a lease for 67,400 square feet.

"The Madison Centre space could accommodate nearly 450 employees, using the industry standard of 150 square feet per employee. Hulu will share the new 36-story office tower with companies including WeWork, which late last year leased about 91,000 square feet across four floors in Madison Centre."

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
According to Ashley Stewart and Marc Stiles at PSBJ: Madison Centre is finally fully leased!

Bellevue-based online insurance company Assurance has leased 45,000 square feet in the new Madison Centre tower in Seattle, two commercial real estate industry sources said.....

Assurance's lease secures the last full floors available in the 36-story office tower, which has 764,000 rentable square feet. One of Amazon's cashier-less Go stores is in the base of the tower at Fifth Avenue and Marion Street.

Assurance joins Madison Centre tenants including the Davis Wright Tremaine law firm, WeWork and Hulu. With 168,300 square feet, the law firm is the the tower's anchor tenant. WeWork late last year leased 91,000 square feet and Hulu this year leased 67,400 square feet in the building.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
So the next "to-fill" new construction would be 2&U - or am I spacing that it is already filled?
Already filled. Another paragraph from the article discussed an expected all-time low vacancy rate coming up:

"With the development pipeline beginning to taper off around the end of 2021, vacancy is expected to reach an all-time low with the expectation that rates will conversely increase to reflect the Seattle area's limited supply," the report states. It adds that roughly 2 million square feet of large tenants are "expected to be actively exploring the market."

So perhaps another big office building will be announced one of these days.

·
Registered
414 Posts
With a small 7.9% class A office vacancy rate (about half the national average and one of the lowest in the country) combined with some of the nation's strongest rental & absorption rates, it wouldn't surprise me to see more office tower proposals in Seattle's near-future.

Crescent Heights' 93-story "4C" mixed-use supertall proposal makes a lot of sense (economically) in our current and near-future market conditions. They've already secured the scarce, CBD real estate for the tower, which is half the battle, as developers are literally running out of land in Seattle's core.

I expect Crescent Heights to green-light their mega-tower proposal in the next six months.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
With a small 7.9% class A office vacancy rate (about half the national average and one of the lowest in the country) combined with some of the nation's strongest rental & absorption rates, it wouldn't surprise me to see more office tower proposals in Seattle's near-future.

Crescent Heights' 93-story "4C" mixed-use supertall proposal makes a lot of sense (economically) in our current and near-future market conditions. They've already secured the scarce, CBD real estate for the tower, which is half the battle, as developers are literally running out of land in Seattle's core.

I expect Crescent Heights to green-light their mega-tower proposal in the next six months.
We will find out more by October. It is likely that they will greenlight it. Hopefully FAA removes the stick from their...you know...and allows it to be a hundred or so feet higher.

941 - 958 of 958 Posts