SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 881 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That would be great ! I walk by that lot very frequently and I always think of how awesome it would look if this apartment building and the AVA across the street were built.

That's a whole lotta parking levels (it's a small lot) for something so close to endless transportation options. Makes me a sad panda.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
AWESOME!!!! Funny thing, I just walked pass by this site this morning and wondered when will they start construction on this tower. How ironic!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Isn't this is the same spot as The Ava, for which there is already a thread? If so, is this still going to be called the Ava? (it does look different) If so I should merge this thread with the other one.

I can't tell which side of 8th and Pine this is going to be on.
Hmm........It looks like a completely different project. There's still some similarities, but it does look like a completely different tower, rather than a new design for The AVA.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
This is so exciting! First Alto breaks ground after three straight years with no groundbreakings in the Downtown area, and now we hear this is looking to start construction soon! I'm excited for this area, right now development is real patchy but as this and AVA and something on the Greyhound property and the Convention Center expansion over Convention Place Station all go in, this area will become real lively. What is this area called, anyways? It's not really Denny Triangle... Maybe Convention Place would be a reasonable name for the neighborhood.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Yes... 40 stories above ground on a small footprint -- it will be a pencil. I think there will always be a desire for personal transportation. Whether it continues to be ICE-based (more efficient/smaller cars) or newer technology, we'll see how long the oil companies can keep their game going. IMHO, it is all rigged. Interesting how gas prices somehow froze in the $3 to $3.50 range in the US. Heaven forbid the price would go up by $0.50 -- to $4.00/gallon. THAT would be a national crisis! The oil companies know just how much to push. But when new propulsion technologies are widespread, we'll still need (want) a place to park our personal transportation pods.
Well, some people will want a place to park their private car, but city people living downtown tend to want this less so, for obvious reasons.

1 - 20 of 881 Posts