SkyscraperCity banner

2001 - 2020 of 2094 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Amazing video. Thanks for posting! I love that I can pause the video near the end during the fairly quick pan of the view and get pretty good quality still images. The video really allowed me to see that the geometry transition from office to residential probably just needed one more floor of transition to make the geometry flow way better. Still a really impressive tower.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I was at the Mt Baker viewpoint on 31st a couple days ago around 8pm and found that when the sun is relatively low, you can see through the building at the residential sky lobby level where the office ends and the residential units begin. It's really cool! Unfortunately, I didn't have an adequate camera to get a good photo.

·
Premium Member
Seattle
2,646 Posts
^^ That tour shows just how much floor plate is given up to the core. (Bathrooms, stairs, elevators, utilities, etc).

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
^^ That tour shows just how much floor plate is given up to the core. (Bathrooms, stairs, elevators, utilities, etc).
Yes but I'm pretty sure level 30 is the top floor of office space where the core is widest and the floors are smallest. IIRC, the core steps in and is substantially narrower for the upper, residential floors.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You can see the subtle angles of the steel and facade from the inside. Space planners no doubt will get creative getting around those massive outriggers. Commercial office space planning doesn't involve finicky home owners. I think having the residential above all this is a wise (and obvious), move.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can see the subtle angles of the steel and facade from the inside. Space planners no doubt will get creative getting around those massive outriggers. Commercial office space planning doesn't involve finicky home owners. I think having the residential above all this is a wise (and obvious), move.
Highest commercial floor is 37 actually and those giant outriggers span level 38 (mechanical) and 39 (residential amenity/ loft residence). The residential loft unit plans are pretty neat. I can’t imagine what they will rent for since they are massive units with double height living rooms and windows.

Btw - Apparently the entire project is running a couple months behind due to COVID. Apparently residence won’t be available for move in until Feb/March 2021. I’m a little surprised since contractors have been working day and night.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Final pieces of the crown are going into place. I can’t believe this is it! I’m sad this project is coming to an end, seems like it was just yesterday they were pouring the foundation.

IMG_3074.JPG
IMG_3076.JPG

IMG_6925.JPG
IMG_1557.JPG
IMG_4480.JPG
IMG_4775.JPG
IMG_4922.JPG
IMG_7156.JPG
AfterlightImage.jpg
AfterlightImage.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Wonderful building like that and I watched start from ground to top out and Mount Rainer could be eruptions?.... ssshhhh

2001 - 2020 of 2094 Posts