SkyscraperCity banner

2021 - 2040 of 2097 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
In that final photo it looks like the tile that used to face the retail at the base of the the original Rainier Tower has been removed. Anyone know if there is a plan to do a general refurbishment/upgrade of the street level for the original tower?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Nice to watch this one and see daily progress! Looks like Union St improvements are nearing a completion. Awnings are installed the full length and even now in the coved corner. Tree wells filled with soil and ready for plantings. Sidewalk is completed to near the corner of Union and 4th. Sidewalk has pattern added and some fanciness on the paving near the cove.

Now just need to complete the 4th Ave side. Sidewalk paving has started as of today. A little here, a little there but daily progress. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I do not know the first thing about modern day highrise concrete construction, but I am blown away that just this morning they poured floor 7 and this afternoon they are setting up formwork for floor 8 on top of it. I can't help but get the feeling they are REALLY moving quickly on this, perhaps to beat the rainy season. Amazing to me.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
There are a variety of accelerators that can be added to concrete mixes to speed up curing time and the level of finish will also make a difference. Since this is office space which will have some other floor placed on top of the slab, likely with some sort of underlayment, there is some room for imperfections. Also, that type of shoring is very lightweight. Most of the components are aluminum.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sidewalks on union are open and leasing for residence are live, pricing and all.

Nearly pissed myself when I saw the pricing. It’s pretty aggressive considering the current rental climate around the downtown area. From a sq ft. standpoint, they are asking for nearly double what Helios or other “luxury” high rise buildings in the neighborhood are offering.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Interesting, quite a few of those penthouse units are already leased. To be fair, these are probably the nicest rental units in all of downtown, given their views (starts at floor 39 lol), finishes, and sizing.
It looks like their smallest one bed is 670 SF! I don't think there are any two beds under 1100 SF. That's pretty wild for new builds.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
They just launched this so they may come down somewhat. And as was just mentioned, they are really generous unit sizes. I think they'll be able to lease them. If you really want to live that luxury high rise lifestyle this is definitely the cream of the crop. Arguable First Light will rival this but they're still 3 years away from opening.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Drove by downtown Seattle about half an hour ago, kinda depressing to see the skyline lit up but this tower still in complete darkness. When is it finally going to open? Or at least get some lights?

2021 - 2040 of 2097 Posts