SkyscraperCity banner

2041 - 2060 of 2060 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Drove by downtown Seattle about half an hour ago, kinda depressing to see the skyline lit up but this tower still in complete darkness. When is it finally going to open? Or at least get some lights?
I walked by a couple of nights ago and the lobbies were at least lit up. Very colorful escalators! I'll try to get some pictures if I happen by the area again

·
Registered
39 Posts
Drove by downtown Seattle about half an hour ago, kinda depressing to see the skyline lit up but this tower still in complete darkness. When is it finally going to open? Or at least get some lights?
They’re making major progress on residential interiors. Lights have been turning on the last week or so up to level 45. Painters and sheetrock are up to 55+.

Not much visible action going on in the office portion below. Temp lights occasionally turn on but then go dark for a while.

IMG_4873.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

·
Registered
262 Posts
Memories of changing out those interior arch lamps on 29/30 at Century Square! Great view my friend. Anyway, I've noticed the west side of level 58 lit up and assume that's work getting started on the two suites taken. I look at this every evening hoping to see the crown lit up but have a feeling that will happen on the "official" grand opening.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Awesome! Looks very bright on the oxblue cam. Good bet these are programmable RGB so expect to see various color schemes. Ribbon effect green/blue when the hawks make the playoffs!

·
Registered
221 Posts
This will help give the skyline some real presence at night. Between this and the Columbia Center's terrace lights, it should look pretty impressive.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I wish they had left the mid-rise out. It detracts from the tall tower and a nice plaza would have been great, affording much needed ground-level space, while at the same time accentuating the one-of-a-kind (perhaps--I don't really know what else there is in the world) tapering bottom of the original tower, which still hasn't collapsed......what I mean is that it remains, after nearly fifty years, an architectural marvel to me, and would have been nice NOT to block one quarter of it forever.

·
Purdue U. / Marquette U.
2,517 Posts
My first thought was of course - rooftop pool! Seems like with some minor tweaking they could have managed it in place of the slosh tank. As a bonus it produces it's own waves on a windy day.

2041 - 2060 of 2060 Posts