SkyscraperCity banner

2061 - 2080 of 2096 Posts

·
Registered
14,300 Posts
Will this always be office space, or is there a scenario where it gets converted to be a hotel? The concrete construction is curious for a shorter office building.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Will this always be office space, or is there a scenario where it gets converted to be a hotel? The concrete construction is curious for a shorter office building.
I doubt it gets converted. The MEP infrastructure is vastly different in a hotel vs. an office space. While anything is possible, it wouldn't be cheap to convert it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I like how the low rise is much different. Sets all three well apart visually. The low rise has that distinct Wright Runstad look to it so far, in league with WAMU tower.

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
I don't mind it. Kind of a throwback to the 60's/70's I guess but updated enough that its not a copy of anything in particular. Seems to pull in the concrete element of the original tower base and the glass of the new tower. All-in-all, while it won't win any awards, for me, it works on this block. Certainly does not distract from either of the other two towers.

·
Premium Member
Seattle
2,652 Posts
The full glass side looks good, and may contribute nicely once it's all buttoned up and streetscaping is finished. The side with the alternating windows pattern is ugly, but I've never liked that type of oscillating windows design.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have tried to like this but as it fills in I just can't. A nice relaxing open park like feature that shows off the grand beauty of the Rainier sisters in all their glory, permeates my disgruntled mind.

2061 - 2080 of 2096 Posts