SkyscraperCity banner

901 - 920 of 2094 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
This is about to get really interesting. I am looking forward to this new core construction technique they are going to use.

·
1,440 Posts
Northeast corner they're laying down forms for the third crane base
You can see the crane base is now installed (just waiting for the concrete) and the forms for the "core" on the construction cam.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I am guessing but it sure looks like they only have a couple of days of dirt removal left and that conveyor system will be gone sometime next week. I guess I need to scroll back but how much time were they predicting this will shave off the core construction......1/3?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I keep wondering if all the tower developer/construction world is watching this new core construction technique closely to see how it turns out. If it really does shave $millions and gets tenants paying rent 7 months earlier than current construction times, I can see several future projects that are on the fence all of a sudden be a go with these new and improved economics.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I keep wondering if all the tower developer/construction world is watching this new core construction technique closely to see how it turns out. If it really does shave $millions and gets tenants paying rent 7 months earlier than current construction times, I can see several future projects that are on the fence all of a sudden be a go with these new and improved economics.
How nice would it be if this project is what gets 4/C back on the table?

Or maybe some other mystery developer will buy up an unlimited height parcel and propose something incredible. Only time will tell I guess!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wonder if there is some reason why that new system wouldn't work on the hotel portion.
I'm sure it would work on the hotel portion. But, also it sounds like there's a point height-wise where this new method starts to take advantage. I would assume that with the short height of the hotel, they could just go traditional methods and probably be quicker and possibly cheaper since it's been done countless times before.

·
Journeyman
16,267 Posts
Now mSeattle, we once had a meetup that started in the architectural-model display that was at the Rainier Square atrium, with you present, within sight of the start of this tunnel. I'm not saying you're weren't observant that day, but...

901 - 920 of 2094 Posts