Correspondent
8,276 Posts
From todays DJC.

http://www.djc.com/news/ae/12113375.html

August 2, 2018

Rainier Square hotel will be Equinox

By BRIAN MILLER
Journal Staff Reporter

Related Cos. of New York will develop an Equinox Hotel at Rainier Square, as the DJC first suggested in June.

NBBJ designed both the main 58-story tower and the 12-story companion hotel for Rainier Square. Related was already a partner with Wright Runstad. And Equinox Fitness, owned by Related, had already been announced as a tenant in the main tower.

The new plan indicates 169 rooms on floors three through 12. The lobby and restaurant will be at grade, with conference rooms and a ballroom on the second floor. The ballroom will accommodate up to 546 guests. A roof deck and bar will accommodate up to 221 patrons.

The entrance will face University, and the lobby and unnamed restaurant will face Fourth.

Ankrom Moisan is doing tenant improvements for the 169-room hotel, on the corner of Fourth and University.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #924
I think this is great news, even though I understand why some really wanted it to be a very established luxury hotel brand.

Equinox gyms have a very loyal following and its safe to assume the hotels will be an extension of that. For anyone who hasn't been to an Equinox (I've been a member for 6 years), they are very fancy (refrigerated eucalyptus towels, Kiehls products in the locker rooms, juice bars, etc) with a polished industrial aesthetic. Related of course is no stranger to luxury residential and so I have high expectations.

And with any luck, this entices Related to bring their residential development focus to Seattle...

·
Registered
14,265 Posts
I picture myself walking into the lobby and someone tackles me to measure my waist, screaming ‘What are you doing here!’

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I think we are beginning to see the first pieces of the new core construction technique. This will be interesting to watch.

·
It was aliens
4,732 Posts
Nice, so it this technically U/C? (I don't see it listed in the U/C section)

Can't wait to see this rise :cheers:

·
12,071 Posts
Nice, so it this technically U/C? (I don't see it listed in the U/C section)

Can't wait to see this rise :cheers:
What??

It is definitely in the U/C post. Go here and scroll down. It's been there since November, 2017.

Mods must have it miscategorized.
Not a chance, Dude. We are perfect.

·
1,440 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
921 - 940 of 2094 Posts