SkyscraperCity banner

941 - 960 of 2077 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Look at the composite steel frame core that started yesterday, and completed today. That would have taken 10 days with concrete and rebar. WOW!
Yeah this is super fun to watch. I'm guessing they're still doing a big rebar & concrete mat pour that will encase the prefab steel and then they can start cruising on the core. Anyone have any idea if this is true? It will be interesting to see how far ahead the core gets, assuming the below-grade conditions are all reinforced concrete.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is a structural steel garage since the core is basically structural steel (as far as the beam connections are concerned) filled with concrete. I think I skimmed drawings in the EDMS months ago that showed this.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I'm trying to remember the last below grade structure that wasn't reinforced concrete. WAMU Center was, but not sure what since in Seattle (if any).

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
I think you're right about IDX (now looks like "4th & Madison") tower garage being steel beams and metal deck with concrete.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
This looks more like a concrete pump which will rise with the building.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So is there going to be any big retail in this building other than the PCC Market? If not, that is incredibly disappointing and a big missed opportunity.

941 - 960 of 2077 Posts