SkyscraperCity banner

961 - 980 of 2060 Posts

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Fascinating to check the progress of this. Between 5 and 9pm they were able to remove 2 more excavators, the large receiving chute for the conveyor and position the huge boom arm of the crane in such a way as to connect it to the mast so they can cable it to lift it into position. I believe there is also a truck in position to either take one of the excavators that are sitting in the street or to wait for the last b ig one still in the pit. What a dance they have to do.

·
(none)
892 Posts
8/20/2018 Update:

HOTEL SECTION:

Approaching street level, but still at ~level -2 or -3.

SKYSCRAPER SECTION:

Welcome third Liebherr crane on the right.

Concrete pour for what appears to be the base of the concrete pump closest to 4th Ave.

Deep hole, can't see what is below.

Problem solved, it's a moat of rebar and giant steel forming the base of the skyscraper core.

Despite the moat of rebar, per Dotmaps and construction coordination meeting, the mat pour for the skyscraper has been postponed to 9/8 and 9/9, the weekend after Labor Day holiday break.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Just took a peek at the site and it looked like there was only 2 workers there. I wonder if they were told to stay home b/c of the smoke?

·
Registered
536 Posts

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Quick review of the cameras around town: Amazon III and IV are idle (in addition to Rainier Sq). Most all else I saw were active: 2&U, Google Project, Citizen M SLU hotel, Arbor Blocks, Convention Center II, and 910 John Apts.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Very strange how these things work. Some union member just ignore the strike? Or Amazon's the only company using union labor (imaging the internal conflict cadre would have about that one).

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
This from the DJC.

More than just crane operators: The strike affects crane operators, concrete pumpers, dirt and paving crews, and hoisting and material handling crews.

Skanska: Crews at Skanska are not affected because Skanska uses a different collective bargaining agreement with a different expiration date.

961 - 980 of 2060 Posts