SkyscraperCity banner

1001 - 1020 of 2060 Posts

·
17,804 Posts
Hi everyone! As a new moderator for the world development news section, I invite everyone to keep this project updated in the WDN skyscrapers forum :) One of the USA's most exciting projects, without a doubt.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1726113

(if you're wondering who the heck I am, I have lurked around these parts every now and then. Thanks for keeping track of Seattle's crazy rapid buildup. If you want a Seattle thread moved in the WDN highrises section i'll be glad to help)

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
So interesting to see these pieces on the camera. Fascinating to try to understand how many fewer rebar trucks will be arriving to this site but how many more structural steel trucks will be required.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Looks to be about 10 workers on site today Rare to see them there on a Sunday, so my guess is they are prepping some things as tomorrow might be a very busy day if they are starting to go vertical on this.

·
(none)
892 Posts
10/14/2018 Update:

Skyscraper Section:
  • The construction stairs near 4th Ave & Union St was removed; perhaps this will make it easier to get views of the pit from the sidewalk.
  • The base of the skyscraper is finally completely covered in concrete.
  • Large steel beams for the core and the outrigger columns have been trucked in; more to come and an indirect supervisor says the contractor may only truck in and offload the large steel pieces from Union St during non-peak hours.
  • The two concrete pumps, between this project and Rainier Tower, have been removed.

Hotel Section:
  • At level -1.
  • The hole in the concrete wall towards the lower right of the second image was probably a whoopsie from the demolition of Rainier Square.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Steel erection begins! I seem to remember seeing some press about the superstructure being 9 months from start to finish because of the new core method.
Can I put $5 on July 20th top-out?

·
1,436 Posts
I am impressed that they can churn out 4 floors that quickly - and they are just getting the hang of how to do this. It will be interesting to see how they fill the core and how that impacts the schedule for the first round.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
At first I was like..."4 floors?" and then I realized...this thing is gonna go up FAST.

I wonder if this method could be used to enhance the financial viability of other 800+ foot projects in the area.

·
Registered
13,843 Posts
How well integrated does Rainier tower interact with the new buildings. I’ve never really seen that from a street level.

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
Is that a question? ;) The current tower has no garage without the new building so it's pretty well integrated for loading dock, elevator access, etc. Obviously the current tower is independent for electrical, sewer and water services but still they'll be somewhat integrated.

1001 - 1020 of 2060 Posts