SkyscraperCity banner

1021 - 1040 of 2060 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Skyscraper Section:
  • The construction stairs near 4th Ave & Union St was removed; perhaps this will make it easier to get views of the pit from the sidewalk.
  • The base of the skyscraper is finally completely covered in concrete.
  • Large steel beams for the core and the outrigger columns have been trucked in; more to come and an indirect supervisor says the contractor may only truck in and offload the large steel pieces from Union St during non-peak hours.
  • The two concrete pumps, between this project and Rainier Tower, have been removed.

Hotel Section:
  • At level -1.
  • The hole in the concrete wall towards the lower right of the second image was probably a whoopsie from the demolition of Rainier Square.

That is a tidy workplace

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
The small retail spaces along 5th Ave are all too rare in Seattle. The big columns in the north and south sides of the core seem to be minimized in these retail plans, I thought they extended way up into the tower.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
The Equinox is so small :/
From the DJC June 21, 2018:

The very upscale, New York-based Equinox Fitness will have a facility with over 30,000 square feet on the fourth floor of the office tower. The fitness center will be its first in Seattle.

Not sure how this jives with the floor plans we are seeing since they appear to be the first 2 floors? How does 30,000 square feet compare to the ones in NYC?

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,036
From the DJC June 21, 2018:

The very upscale, New York-based Equinox Fitness will have a facility with over 30,000 square feet on the fourth floor of the office tower. The fitness center will be its first in Seattle.

Not sure how this jives with the floor plans we are seeing since they appear to be the first 2 floors? How does 30,000 square feet compare to the ones in NYC?
Oh ok, so its not just what we can see here. 30K is pretty good. The one I use is 38K but the one I used to use was 30K and it definitely got crowded but it was still nice enough.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
It will be interesting to see if the new Equinox pulls anyone from the WAC which is only a couple of blocks away. WAC is definitely not 'hip' or trendy but judging by conversations I overhear there it pulls individuals who want a clean club and the opportunity to network.

·
Registered
622 Posts
The small retail spaces along 5th Ave are all too rare in Seattle. The big columns in the north and south sides of the core seem to be minimized in these retail plans, I thought they extended way up into the tower.
The first rule of retail space marketing is never show anything other than the overall footprint of the space! Those columns are certainly there, the brokers just don't want to show them.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,039
It will be interesting to see if the new Equinox pulls anyone from the WAC which is only a couple of blocks away. WAC is definitely not 'hip' or trendy but judging by conversations I overhear there it pulls individuals who want a clean club and the opportunity to network.
Young transplants from NY, CA and other places where EQX is well established will absolutely join. The facilities are very nice, the spas are as good as any affiliated with gyms and even the products in the showers are premium.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Young transplants from NY, CA and other places where EQX is well established will absolutely join. The facilities are very nice, the spas are as good as any affiliated with gyms and even the products in the showers are premium.
add sketchy reputation to that list. Google "equinox NYC lawsuit"

1021 - 1040 of 2060 Posts