SkyscraperCity banner

1041 - 1060 of 2060 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
add sketchy reputation to that list. Google "equinox NYC lawsuit"
The membership lawsuits aren't good but the streamroom orgies might go over well in this town.....

·
Black Box
1,745 Posts
The other exciting thing about this project is that even before it is finished, it will loom over the skyline for awhile. I remember when the new WAMU HQ was being built. I had that same feeling because it was tallish.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The other exciting thing about this project is that even before it is finished, it will loom over the skyline for awhile. I remember when the new WAMU HQ was being built. I had that same feeling because it was tallish.
Really, it's the first major (50+ stories) skyscraper built in downtown since AT&T Gateway Tower (now Seattle Municipal) was completed in 1990!

·
(none)
892 Posts
11/4/2018 Update:

Skyscraper Section:
  • It appears that the lowest 4 floorplates (3 steel and the concrete foundation) are complete.
  • Steel floorplates for the 5th and 6th floor from the very bottom are in progress.
  • The top of the steel core is almost level with 4th Ave & Union St.

Hotel Section:
  • Core and floorplate approaching ground level, relative to 4th Ave & University St.

·
Registered
262 Posts
This building is the most exciting thing to happen to the Seattle skyline since the late eighties and I am thrilled to get an 800 footer...FINALLY.

I watch this everyday, with many thanks to the "foot soldiers" who kindly work
to bring us onsite photo updates and insider info.:cheers:

With that I feel that the concrete fill for the composite core system is surely imminent?

·
Registered
412 Posts
This building is the most exciting thing to happen to the Seattle skyline since the late eighties and I am thrilled to get an 800 footer...FINALLY.

I watch this everyday, with many thanks to the "foot soldiers" who kindly work
to bring us onsite photo updates and insider info.:cheers:

With that I feel that the concrete fill for the composite core system is surely imminent?
I couldn't agree more. Construction of an 800+ footer in almost ANY city is a BIG DEAL! It acts as a big explanation point (!) in the middle of the downtown core - highlighting the last decade's construction boom!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I couldn't agree more. Construction of an 800+ footer in almost ANY city is a BIG DEAL! It acts as a big explanation point (!) in the middle of the downtown core - highlighting the last decade's construction boom!
Yes sir! 1990, it's been a long anxiety ridden grind of broken dreams...If I may be a bit melodramatic. So psyched, and to have this project as a world class construction trendsetter is icing on the cake. Having a great forum of fellow enthusiasts passionate about this is wonderful too!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Love watching this get built. Exciting to see a new core design. Found this link with more info on the design. I'm curious about the Earth quake rating of the tower core.

Found my own answer, "Coupled Composite Steel Plate Shear Walls is expected to be rated with an R Factor of R = 8 which is the highest Seismic Response Modification Factor of any shear wall system of any material.”

https://www.aisc.org/pressreleases/...utionizes-high-rise-construction/.W-KT7xqIbxx

https://www.constructiondive.com/ne...-to-speed-up-rainier-square-high-rise/523098/

·
1,436 Posts
I am pretty sure Geoff posted about that earlier. :)

Oh I will say that if you can, you should drive by or walk by and look at the scale of the steel going in - its impressive!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have patiently watched many, many buildings go up via this website over the years and I can't even begin to make a comparison to the speed this project is going.

A mere weekly comparison of webcam shots is all it takes. I certainly have wanted to hoot and holler in here about it but I don't want to be "that guy". Definitely exciting stuff!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
So when does the concrete and fireproofing come in to play? Gotta get down there somehow.
On the cam I've seen concrete trucks pouring into a pump I didn't see the outlet for. I assume they were laying concrete on the lower floors of the garage, but I can't be sure.

Edit: you can see the pump at mid-block on 4th.

·
Registered
262 Posts
So when does the concrete and fireproofing come in to play? Gotta get down there somehow.
Am wondering this as well. I would assume a core pour at this stage alone would be substantial, perhaps at a scale similar to the foundation pour?

I have also noticed the smaller concrete pumping operations on both 4th and 5th avenues. They are almost identical to the systems pumping the self consolidating mixture for the Hotel site and assume they are for sealing up the secant wall below. There also appears to be an intriguing pump like construction going up at the 4th & Union corner with a grey lattice frame sticking out of it. Perhaps the pump for higher up or the parking decks?

1041 - 1060 of 2060 Posts