SkyscraperCity banner

1101 - 1120 of 2044 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
They poured the foundation slab on 9/29. Today it's at 6+ floors above street level. 2 1/2 months with a 3 week strike thrown in. Amazing.

I wonder what the plan is for the Oxblue cam. At this rate it will be looking up by late January. Cam on the main Rainier tower perhaps?

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
I'm thinking Century Square would be far enough away to see a chunk of the building and especially the curved east facade. Edit: and see the hotel in the same view. Should really have two cameras on this one, maybe there's only one public one.

·
1,435 Posts
He meant of the 6th and 7th floors - they only started staging the materials this morning. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm thinking Century Square would be far enough away to see a chunk of the building and especially the curved east facade. Edit: and see the hotel in the same view. Should really have two cameras on this one, maybe there's only one public one.
Worked in that building for 13 years and agree the viewpoint it could provide would be neat ( east side roof ). A low/high camera mix this baby needs.

I am a bit bummed the core fills appear to be happening out of site. I believe the white pump unit on 4th is the unit performing this and perhaps the deck pours as well. It will be interesting to see if the current set up is in fact only temporary and we get a more "traditional" concrete delivery scheme up top.

I so envy those who have the privilege of juicy inside info and construction meeting minutes. If you are one of those fortunate souls, please share:lol:.

·
Registered
260 Posts
More intricate steel assemblies went in on the east side yesterday. Looks like they have the setback angles built in. I assume at this stage the NE crane will need a jump unless
the biggie can take over?

Something is going on with the hotel, doesn't feel right!

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Since the hotel is pretty much a separate building I wonder if the decision was made to get the main tower up past floor 11 prior to starting on the hotel above ground work. Maybe easier and/or more efficient?

·
1,435 Posts
The hotel extends over the area still not filled in - on the webcam its to the left of the hotel concrete built up area and to the right of the steel work. I imagine they want to bring the whole area up to ground level before starting to work on the individual floors for the actual hotel.

Reactions: geoffloftus
1101 - 1120 of 2044 Posts