SkyscraperCity banner

1361 - 1380 of 2049 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
I think the outriggers are buckling restrained braces but here's why they're used:
"In order to supplement the core, the outriggers engage columns on the perimeter of the floor plate thus greatly increasing the ‘building stance’ resisting the lateral demands and lowering the lateral system to building height ratio to approximately 8:1."
From the How Is It Designed section of this site: https://www.aisc.org/why-steel/innovative-systems/SpeedCore/#40659

·
(none)
892 Posts
4/27/2019 Update:

^^I can confirm ~425 feet (~129 m).
  • Liebherr luffer needs another jump for the building's upward progress.
  • Cladding present on levels 1 to 4, with street frontage on 4th Ave & Union St coming along.
  • Fireproofing reaches level 16.
  • Concrete floorplates poured up to level 20.
  • Steel floorplates, outrigger columns and steel core reach level 31.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The south slope is mature enough to throw off what direction I think the cam is pointing.
Great pics! Altimeters on drones=awesome.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
So from the rendering it looked like the step slopes would be translucent glass as well. Little bit disappointed, but should still look nice.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Good grief, that advertising looks really lame and uninspired.
On another note, I am starting to wonder how the "crown" is going to
fit with the overall dark green glass. Almost all renders appear to show the
building in reflection so it is not really apparent how it fits with the building color.
If it is going to be silvery like ORS then that will look odd when in shadow. Perhaps
all the silver exterior decoration will make it viable and not so obvious?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I meant cam #3 in previous. Latest crane jump will begin the prominence of this baby going forward. I guess boom height at about 680ft. Can't wait to see the first steel surpass
2U and WAMU!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I'm guessing this is to celebrate reaching halfway with steel erection--which is awesome because 1) omg that went fast and 2) omg the tower is only halfway done.

Last half is gonna go faster than the first half at the rate they're going.

Crazy that they started demolition just last year.

1361 - 1380 of 2049 Posts